Moving and finding a job

HI my name is teresa and i was born in malta my father was in the royal navy i am 57 and would love to come and live and work in malta, i am hard working and would do any job as long as it payed for my up keep and a place to rent. if anyone can help i would be greatfull.

hey mclean
are you an eu citizen? if so you shouldnt face much difficulty moving to malta and finding work - the only barrier to finding work i could see may be your age however i am sure there will be somthing for you .

you dont need a visa or work permit (if your an eu citizen ) as you have the right to live and work in any eu country
i would suggest you read all the sticky posts as a good place to start .
if you have any other questions then please feel free to ask .

Hi everybody,

I have removed some inappropriate posts from this discussion.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi yes i am an eu citizen and thank you for replying to me .

mclean wrote:

Hi yes i am an eu citizen and thank you for replying to me .

in that case you will find it a failry easy process , although ideally you want to be in malta to apply for most jobs as many companies will simply refuse to respond unless you have a maltese address/telephone number

Thank you for your post  and sorry if i worded my blog wrong again thanks.

Thank you.

Definitely you need to be here and have a Maltese telephone and address. No one has replied to me before and, soon I got here, took me a week to start to work.

Thanks for letting me know that info not sure if i will get a job due to my age.

How are you doing? I will like to be of help, What kind of job are you looking for in Malta?

@ dasoo > Are you offering your help for free here please? Or are you an agent?

Thank you for giving us more details.

Hi priscilla can you tell me that dasoo is an agent or not thank you

No answer from Sara ( dasoo) from Portugal is also an answer !

She knows all cities ? in Malta from her 2 year experience !

I've been living in Malta for 7 years now and don't know a single city in Malta - the largest town I know of is Birkirkara although Sliema probably has more inhabitants during the summer months.

Cheers
Ricky

thanks ricky

I would like any job  i am willing to work in a shop - hotel - tour guide i am currently working as a scurity agent at an airport here and i would do this to.

Hi mclean,

Unfortunately i don't know if dasoo is really an agent or not as he didn't revert back to me.

I invite you to post your job search in the jobs section here :  Jobs in Malta and to get into contact with some recruitment agencies. Here is a small list : https://www.expat.com/en/business/europ … -agencies/

Thanks and good luck

Thank you