Networking and doing business in Malaysia

Hello, I'm from America but, I live in Thailand and would like to meet business minded Malaysians to develop a business relationship with and do business there. Any ideas?

Welcome to Expat-blog,E.Williams :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Malaysian forum for effective networking.

Hope that you get responses from members soon.

Good luck

Regards,
Sheetul

what business are you doing?

Hello Selangor, thank you for your reply. My name is Eugene, I'm from America but I now live in Thailand. I am an independent business person and a member of StemTech. I am sending you this email because I would like to meet business minded Malaysians  to develop a business relationship with those who have an interest in the Palm Oil business and Real Estate. I also, am in the business of selling land in Southern Thailand on Phangan Island and looking for buyers.

I am looking for a person who I can partner with and set up a small business with in Malaysia.

I travel to Penang every two to three months to network. I would like to meet the right people in these areas of business and as I stated, develop a business relationship with them. I like to meet a person that I can go into business with in Malaysia and start a business there. The business relationship I like to develop is one based on integrity, respect, trust, hard work and professionalism.

If you or anyone you know have an interest in these two business areas or would like more information contact me Eugene form 8am – 8pm at: 00 + 66 + 7620 - 7665, 00 + 66 + 8 7388-4917, 00 + 66 + 8 2340 – 2729 or at: [email protected] for information on the land contact me at [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Mr. Williams

Hi

I would like to know about Palm Oil business and the prospects in it.
Could you please give me brief scenario of Palm oil business prospects in Malaysia?

hello
I am reza from Iran
and at your service

Eugene, thanks for an interesting post and your openness on what you would like to achieve. Setting up a business and obtaining permission to work in Malaysia is rather different than in Thailand.  It is a requirement to set up a company and have a local company secretary.  It is not necessary to have a local partner, but there must be two directors.  The investment needed is RM350,000 if the second director is Malaysian.  If it is a 100% foreign-owned company, the investment capital required is RM1 million.  The capital can be removed from the balance sheet for business development purposes, but must be returned for the annual report and accounts. A director is able to apply for a work permit, but must pay themselves RM5,000 minimum per month and pay income tax on that amount.  It is also a requirement to have an office that has direct access to the public, but this can be at a virtual office provider, such as Regis.

I hope this is of interest to you.  I am also providing a link to a website that gives lots of background information that will help you define what types of industry you can work in as a foreigner:

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/malaysia … oreigners/

The website has a wealth of useful information, although I am not endorsing the company (who can act as company secretary) it is just they have gone the extra mile to provide clear and concise information.

I would add Palm Oil is a local business so any partners would be either Malaysians or larger concerns with Malaysian partners. it tends to be a Bumi business as well from some experience years ago. And that means quite a few things......

Hello Mr. Williams. My name is James Cummaro. I as well have some very interesting Business opportunities that have recently opened in Malaysia on Nov 1 2013 and very soon in Thailand early part of 2014. Would like to chat about some possibilities with you or any one else with some interest.

As always thanks.