Beware of taxi scam in Aquino airport

Good morning,

If approached by avid persons offering taxi services in Manila airport , stay on your guard .Specially the white vans,  they will try to rip you off as much as 1500 Filipino pesos or even more! !!
Go for taxis with a taximeter .

I'll agree to watch out for that, at all international airports.  1,500 sounds a bit high though, how far were you going ?

At Manila airport, go to the departure area to get a taxi.  They are cheaper than the ones at the arrivals area.

The yellow taxis, with meters, charge about twice what the metered white taxis cost.  But I have found that the yellow ones are more liable to refuse a small journey without a minimum charge.  From Cebu airport, one wanted 150 pesos for 1.4km to the hotel.
The next day, a 24km trip in a white taxi was 300 pesos.
An 8.5km trip was 170 peso.

ALWAYS insist they use the meter.  That alone tells them you are aware of their tricks, and they may treat you like a local.

I don't use the Meter. I get a fix price with driver before I get in the car. Make sure you have the exact amount.myou will always here I don't have change.

Another thing to look out for is if there is an additional passenger in the cab. They both will empty your wallet.