Moving to Dubai between Sept-Oct 2015

Hello,

I am going to be moving to Dubai soon as I potentially may have a job offer soon which will pay me 30000 AED / month with no additional allowances. I have so many questions which I am hoping that those who have experienced living there on a long term basis can share their tips and tricks :)  -- here are my questions:

1. Car Insurance?  How much will it cost to have a car insurance in Dubai for a 2014 Hyundai Sonata 4 door driven 50,000km?

2. Is the one-year condominiums' rental contract final and cannot be terminated?   

3. I am usually looking to be near the "buzz" but not being directly in it since it will too expensive. Any tips on any areas that are on a short driving distance to the main things such as Dubai Marina and Dubai mall?

4. What are the cell phone plans are like? I was thinking of getting 5Gb data + unlimited calling and text messages.  Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

4. How much would the utilities cost (i.e., electricity, garbage, internet)?

5. How long is the process of obtaining the identity card in Dubai? I will be coming on a work visa.  Also, what is the cost associated with it? Anyway I can expedite this process?

6. Anything else you'd like to add to help me make my move smoother to Dubai would be greatly appreciated !

thanks a lot
A.

Hello,

I am going to be moving to Dubai soon as I potentially may have a job offer soon which will pay me 30000 AED / month with no additional allowances. I have so many questions which I am hoping that those who have experienced living there on a long term basis can share their tips and tricks :)  -- here are my questions:

1. Car Insurance?  How much will it cost to have a car insurance in Dubai for a 2014 Hyundai Sonata 4 door driven 50,000km?

A: Go to dubai.dubbizle.com for all available car info. Only best place for your car thirst

2. Is the one-year condominiums' rental contract final and cannot be terminated?   

A: terminated on conditions, if you break your contract you have to pay 2 months rent. Other conditions may apply also.

3. I am usually looking to be near the "buzz" but not being directly in it since it will too expensive. Any tips on any areas that are on a short driving distance to the main things such as Dubai Marina and Dubai mall?

A:Many places available in many areas. If want to live alone in 1 bedroom apartment then would suggest you to get your driving licence and search places near old dubai. Near marina etc, it will be very much expensive. Rest, metro is best way to transit in Dubai.

4. What are the cell phone plans are like? I was thinking of getting 5Gb data + unlimited calling and text messages.  Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

A:DU is cheaper than Etisalat, but Etisalat is good in some special cases. Mine is post pay with 4gb internet, 260 local min, 260 international (almost unlimited for normal caller) for 199 /month

4. How much would the utilities cost (i.e., electricity, garbage, internet)?

A:Under 1000 AED normally including DEWA, Internet, Cable, House keeping etc

5. How long is the process of obtaining the identity card in Dubai? I will be coming on a work visa.  Also, what is the cost associated with it? Anyway I can expedite this process?

A:If provide by employer, everything will be done by him so no worries. Rest it is not difficult either, takes 2-3 weeks to get your emirates ID. Cheaper too, few hundreds

6. Anything else you'd like to add to help me make my move smoother to Dubai would be greatly appreciated !

A:Yes, Enjoy Dubai but save some money too as it is very much easy to lose money in hundreds of things involve as your 30k will not be enough if you wont budget your way. Cheers!