Rents & dogs/birds

Hi to any ex-pats in Belize,
My name is Malcolm, I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I have a Ch. Lab & two DYM Amazon parrots that I would like to bring with me to Belize. I would like to rent a small house in the Cozoral area (1st choice) or beach area. I have had my M Zack for 24 yrs. and F Emma for 9 yrs. so I would really like to bring them, BUT if I had to I would leave them here. My Ch. Lab Bolton would de finely come with me. So does anyone have experience bringing birds & dogs to Belize, any ideas???
Also an hotel etc. where I could stay that would allow my dog till I found a rental.
Any info would be appreciated
Malcolm

Check out BAHA website, animal health section. www.baha.org.bz
We take our dog back and forth and it's pretty straight forward.
With birds it gets a lot more complicated. BAHA can direct you in regards to CITES, or you can look up their website. If the birds are eligible for entry into Belize, you will also need a permit from Forestry Department.

Tks BBQING, which part do u live in and how do u like it. What is the mosquitoes or blacks situation like in Belize??
Tks Malcolm

Hi again, flying fm Alta. what airline did u use with ur dogs, did they fly cargo? Did u fly into Belize City ??
Sorry for the bother, Malcolm

Zackpilot wrote:

Tks BBQING, which part do u live in and how do u like it. What is the mosquitoes or blacks flies situation like in Belize??
Tks Malcolm

Zackpilot - We are in Cayo. For us, there's not much of a mosquito issue, but we do have botlass flies (not sure if they are like blackflies) and occasionally Doctor flies as well. Their bites can be quite nasty for some people.