Expat families in Bahrain

Hi, my hubby, myself and 1 year old child are looking at moving to Bahrain in 6 months time.  I am a stay at home mom in Australia and a very active social life.  If you are a stay at home mom, what do you get up to?  Also do you feel comfortable living there with your child (this may sound stupid, but besides Google I have no info to go off and I do see that there are riots).
Did you find it easy to make friends there?  I am actually Zimbabwean born, have lived in Australia and London, so we should hopefully fit into a few social networks :)
TIA

Hi there,
I have met few Australians who work in Bahrain ( mainly come across the one who work in Bahrain Polytechnic as its a KIWI based institute :D )
there are people working in Bahrain and coming from various places NZ,UK,US and other European Countries so you wont be on your own.
Speaking of riots, they are some villages across the country were there is sometimes trouble...If you give me the names I can more or less tell you :)
I am not sure about the amount of activity as a housewife Bahrain offers. the country is pretty small but I am sure you will be able to make friends and female friends that are in the same situation as you :)

Hope this helped a bit : )

It is a small country but that also seems to help the sense of community for some people.  There are a lot of military husbands and wives here, as well as non-military that came along with their spouse so I am sure there will be plenty to get involved with.  As for safety, it really isn't a problem here.  The place is friendly, and if you don't go looking for trouble it will be very difficult to find it.

I am an Aussie and though won't be a stay at home mum there are a LOT of playgroups, activities that stay at home mums participate in.
I'd suggest joining the Mums in Bahrain FB page. Also search Time Out Bahrain. It lists all the children's activities on the island.

I live in what most may consider a troublesome area and it's fine. The riots are not crazy, most happen outside of normal hours and if something is going on you can usually bypass it or avoid it.

I prefer living this side of the island as I just find it more green and relaxed yet only 10-15 mins from the city centre.

i m looking for an Australian citizen working in Bahrain who may be an engineer or doctor or any professional..i need a favour to get my declaration form signed as witness..coukd anyone help

Hello Jdsoni,

This topic is an inactive one; the last post dates to five years back.

You won't have any luck finding someone by posting here. However, you can create a new thread for your query on the Bahrain forum.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com