Dubai is a Transit City and a Transit Moment in our lives - Yes or No

It is a fact that, we all won't have the same experiences no matter the years we spend in Dubai, but one thing is sure, that we will all have a common opinion at the end that Dubai is in a way a Transit City!

No doubt, I have been here for 5 years and I have not seen anything in this place that gives you a long term sense of belongings.  The Social circles are just too artificial and friendship commitments can be very fictional like following a script written from a Novel. 

After so many years here, I sat down I decided it is time to review the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the City called Dubai.  So many questions I can't stop asking myself - (why are relationships here so short? why do you spend almost all your income to take care of your accommodation? why is it so easy to lose your job? etc.).  Still thinking for answer, I thought I should ask you also -  So what do you think?

1.     Is Dubai a Transit City and a Transit moment in your life?  -  YES or NO?

2.     Is Dubai a Transit City or a Transit moment in your life? 

Please share your own thoughts!

I haven't lived in Dubai but I can say I lost all my friends who moved to Dubai  :sosad:

Yes i do feel that nothing is permanent here..
how much ever time you spend here and how much ever yu give this city it has got nothing to give you in return..everything is artificial!!!
one cnt find a sense of belonging here...you always fyl lyk yur a guest!
there is freedom but then there are sooo many restrictions to curb the same freedom!

Totally agree, nothing permanent, you can loose your job and have 30 days to sort everything our, relationships are mostly fake indeed and people here are not as professional as people in Singapore for example.

Dubai is really a busy place. But people who are active in evenings can be social. Unless they don't feel themselves on sky :P