Busan, Korea for one year, your help please!

I may take a job in Busan, Korea for one year starting October 1st.  This is very last minute, but it's an opportunity I can't refuse.

I have a son that I want to accompany me so he can gain the cultural and language experience that will benefit him throughout his life.  He is 9 years old.

I am looking for suggestions on schools and places to live.  I have a housing allowance and I'm looking for a furnished rental of 2 bedrooms that is close to everything.

My son is very good in fencing and I want to continue his fencing in Korea.  Are there any fencing clubs that anyone can suggest?  I read about the Lourus Fencing Club.  Any thoughts?

I am also looking for a live-in nanny who is Korean and can cook and take care of my son when I'm at work.

I know this is a lot but have been searching the internet and there is not a lot out there.

Thanks all for any help you can provide to a newbie such as myself!

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to expat-blog! :)

I created a new thread from your post on the Busan forum so that you can get more interactions with members of this forum.

You have so many queries, i might be able to guide you through some of them.

Concerning your search for furnished rentals, i invite you to browse the following categories and even drop and advert :

- Flats for rent in Busan

- Houses for rent in Busan

For a nanny, you can drop an advert in the Babysitting in Busan

Hoping you will get some useful feedbacks,

Best of luck,
Bhavna  ;)

Hi
I may be moving to Sk as well for a Job.. still in negotiation phase

Thanks so much for your help!