Hello / Oman

I'm new to this forum and would like to say "hello" to everyone :-)

1,5 months seems to be enough to get bored here and I am wondering if there are any people interested in travelling somewhere - within Saudi and outside the country? I've just bought a plane ticket to Oman for 6 days break in mid November (available for SAR 890 with Saudi Airlines) - anybody interested to join?

Welcome on board mar8276 !

Thanks Julien!

Hi Mar!

Welcome to the forum!  Do you have a hotel lined up in Oman?

Alliecat wrote:

Hi Mar!

Welcome to the forum!  Do you have a hotel lined up in Oman?

Hello Alliecat! Thank you :)

I haven't precised my travel plans yet - definitely will have to stay the first night in Muscat and will need to find a hotel. And then I'd like to go for some hiking and I'm thinking about more "outdoor" accomodation rather than fancy hotels in the cities :) Can u recommend something? Any advices before going to Oman?

Hello Mar, welcome to the forum. 

Muskat, Oman is great!  What a clean & beautiful city.  The moment you leave the airport you'll notice...  We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel which was nice and the price was great!  Go visit the Grand Mosque, the Old Souq, and the Fish & Vegetable Markets.   We had a tour guide take us around and it was reasonably priced.  Happy Travels!

CAF wrote:

Hello Mar, welcome to the forum. 

Muskat, Oman is great!  What a clean & beautiful city.  The moment you leave the airport you'll notice...  We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel which was nice and the price was great!  Go visit the Grand Mosque, the Old Souq, and the Fish & Vegetable Markets.   We had a tour guide take us around and it was reasonably priced.  Happy Travels!

Thanks CAF!

I've heared a lot of good things about Oman and I am sure I will enjoy it. I can't wait to see some more vegetation as this is something I am really missing here :) Will share some photos when I return back!