Importing pets to thailand

Could you please clarify for us the requirements necessary for our pet to enter the country. We will have a private company in Canada taking care of all the documents for transfer, vaccination records and health certificate.
Once our cat enters the country in Bangkok, what else needs to be completed in order to have her release to us.
I was informed that an Import document is required,,,,if this is the case, how do we go about getting this form?
  Any other information would be greatly appreciated,,,,
  Thank you so much for your advices,,,,.

Hi I am also interested in taking my 3 dogs myself to Thailand Has anybody answered you yet? If you have any information please write me to [email protected] it will help me. Thanks, Martina

If you are outside Thailand, contact the Thai embassy in your country for all information. They sure have all the information as to papers; vets etc

But if you are in Thailand, talk to the vets and dog farms. Some are importing animals so they can do for you. It's much easier than you filling up forms in thai etc.

thanks a lot  :)

23kha16tak wrote:

Could you please clarify for us the requirements necessary for our pet to enter the country. We will have a private company in Canada taking care of all the documents for transfer, vaccination records and health certificate.
Once our cat enters the country in Bangkok, what else needs to be completed in order to have her release to us.
I was informed that an Import document is required,,,,if this is the case, how do we go about getting this form?
  Any other information would be greatly appreciated,,,,
  Thank you so much for your advices,,,,.

You need to contact the Department of Livestock Development. Unfortunately the ENGLISH section of the site has been unavailable for a while however this may find these contact details useful:

Bureau of Disease Control and Veterinary Services.
Department of Livestock Development, Phayathai Road, Ratchtavee Bangkok 10400.
Tel. (02) 653-4550 - 7 ต่อ 4175 Fax. (02) 653-4929
E-mail : [email protected]

Most Thai consulates and embassies also have pages dedicated to the import of pets, here is a link to the Thai Embassy in London detailing the process.