Aussie Guy retiring to Philippines with Filipino Wife

Where to live Zambales, Cebu Island or?

I want to be by the sea, not far from "town and decent medical services" 1-2 acres with 3 bedroom cottage. Away from typhoon hazard and in a Filipino community that is congenial to a kindly Aussie Old Fart becoming part of.
I've toured around a bit and have decided Zambales is worth having a closer look at - mainly because it's on West Coast and reasonably accessible to International Airport.
We're planning to rent an apartment in Subic or Olongapo initially so we can have a good look around.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

My Interests
Boating - just a day boat for fishing and motoring around - so a nearby river would be great
Home workshop - I have heaps of tools
Daily exercise - walking, swimming
Gardening
Blue water sailing - experienced sailor interested in occasional crewing on international yachts - but not around the buoys every weekend.

Gloria's interests
Cooking - cooks international cuisine
Small business
Gardening
Pets
Taking care of me!

Hello Aussie Engraver, Zambales is a good choice, There is a difference in Medical services here so it always best to ask around. Same service 3 times the price.. Send me an email and i can hook you up with the right people. Cheers Mike. [email protected]

Zambales coz cebu is already crowded or try to have a look in morong bataan since u already decided to have an apt in olongapo its 15 mins drive away from subic

Try Aurora Province, Baler is the capital. Low cost of living, low crime rates and one of the surfing destination in the Philippines, 6-hr. drive from Manila. And for medical, you have the Premiere Hospital that offers modern facilities for your health needs.

The whole country is crowded Ruby lol. I think you mean cebu city and I agree but there are many other places on the island of Cebu that are not so crowded. It's a bit like your seasons...hot and very hot. You have crowded and very crowded. For a guy who lived in country(province) Australia i can say that even your provinces here are crowded by my standards. I am not complaining. I accept the crowds here it's all part of the philippine experience but I just wanted to clear things up regarding a foreigners perception of what is crowded

Yes baler aurora will do..,,