Employment contracts in VN

Anyone come across a problem with a new Employer when your old Work Permit is still current with your old Employer, ( even though you no longer work for them, they broke the contract, months ago ). I never  received a copy of my Employment contract either, ( which by not providing this, is illegal in most Western countries ).

Just go ahead with your new employment. As soon as your current work permit expires, the new employer will proceed with the work permit extension for you.

virgoks wrote:

Just go ahead with your new employment. As soon as your current work permit expires, the new employer will proceed with the work permit extension for you.

Haha , now that would be far too easy, my new employer says she has been told by the Govt, (  dept? ), that because it is still current with my last employer, (  for another 4 months ), she can not employ me now, I don't think she was lying, as she sounded a bit annoyed with it.

Unless this was changed with the new Visa formats...one work permit does not fit all employment or employees!
For every employer, you are (were) required to have a contract and a work permit for that specific company! I've had 3 at one time.  It states in most immigration offices, that it takes about 10 days and 400,000 VND for a work permit ...I've paid for my own twice in the past...I've also walked away from jobs due to their lies and BS concerning the price and time frame for such.  Check the walls at any immigration office and see the 'charge sheet' for these!  These people know what is happening and are usually full of it!  I quit working for schools a long time ago...now I legally work out of my residence with approval from the Ministry of Education and that of Labor.  But I've been teaching  here for 12 years and am also married. 
If immigration wants, they can fine and/or remove you from Vietnam.  They can take your visa away for not having a permit and not allow you back in the country.  I've known 2 foreign individuals with this happening to them.  But then if you want to low enough and bow to some with 'coffee money'...then the above is worthless.

Anthony64 wrote:

Unless this was changed with the new Visa formats...one work permit does not fit all employment or employees!
For every employer, you are (were) required to have a contract and a work permit for that specific company! I've had 3 at one time.  It states in most immigration offices, that it takes about 10 days and 400,000 VND for a work permit ...I've paid for my own twice in the past...I've also walked away from jobs due to their lies and BS concerning the price and time frame for such.  Check the walls at any immigration office and see the 'charge sheet' for these!  These people know what is happening and are usually full of it!  I quit working for schools a long time ago...now I legally work out of my residence with approval from the Ministry of Education and that of Labor.  But I've been teaching  here for 12 years and am also married. 
If immigration wants, they can fine and/or remove you from Vietnam.  They can take your visa away for not having a permit and not allow you back in the country.  I've known 2 foreign individuals with this happening to them.  But then if you want to low enough and bow to some with 'coffee money'...then the above is worthless.

No, as far as I know one Permit for each job hasn't changed, or we wouldn't have any problem.  I paid for my last permit , and medical, but the school was such a tightarse, they had me do THREE free 2 hour trial classes, that should have been a warning for me?
The employer of a non permitted employee also gets a few mil VND in fines, and has their business closed for a few months.

Hey Blu...long time...hope all is well with you...Yes, I've had one company fined 20 mil for doing such...with me...the only thing that saved me was a direct letter via e-mail to the director giving them 45 days max to get the paperwork together...I had 3 days left when they came in...that was years back and afterwards I started to do some heavy research and questioning at the immigration office.
I've been on track since...
Take care

bluenz wrote:

Haha , now that would be far too easy, my new employer says she has been told by the Govt, (  dept? ), that because it is still current with my last employer, (  for another 4 months ), she can not employ me now, I don't think she was lying, as she sounded a bit annoyed with it.

A guy was working for us with work permit registered by our company when he switched to another one. His work permit was still valid for his next employment. It's the fact happening 4 years ago. Things might change overtime and vary from location to location in some cases. Just check it out with the immigration office where u r living now for the best answer then.

virgoks wrote:
bluenz wrote:

A guy was working for us with work permit registered by our company when he switched to another one. His work permit was still valid for his next employment. It's the fact happening 4 years ago. Things might change overtime and vary from location to location in some cases. Just check it out with the immigration office where u r living now for the best answer then.

Yes, I want into the So Lao Dong yesterday, they said no problem with CHANGING my Work Permit, ( strange how the school owner wouldn't answer her phone, or the woman's phone from this office??),  I think I've come across the best VN liar so far, ( and I've met some really good ones, usually teachers, so that says a lot about the future of VN's?? I've got caught VN teachers cheating in a test as well ).