Contract from Denmark - Help concerning my job offer 105 DKK net.

Hello
I am a young mechanical engineer from Poland  with 5 years experiance. Yesterday I got job offer from Denmark which looks strange to me. My hourly rate in the contract is about 150 DKK without taxes. As I know from denish employer I will pay about 30 % tax of 150 DKK. It means that he will pay me 105 DKK net. According to information that I found, I suppose that 150 DKK for hour is too little. Despite of fact that employer provide my place to live without charge I consider that he wants to cheat me. He also wrote that I don't need work permision. In the contract I have 3 months trial. What do you think about my job offer ??

Hello peter414 and welcome on board Expat.com

While waiting for members to revert back, I suggest you browse through the forum section Cost of living in Denmark to gather some infos about Salaries and cost of living in Denmark so as to be able to compare your offer.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi

The wages are not in the high end, but I know several persons who don't earn more. As far as I understood, housing was part of the wages, so perhaps it is all ok. As a Pole and member of the EU, you don't have to get a work permission. If the job offer is still available, I would make an enquiry to the local union to hear if they know something about the firm, and if he has signed a collective agreement. You may also try to google the firm/person to see if any warnings turn up.