A Slovenian looking for career opportunities in Kuala Lumpur

Hi guys,

I am a 28 year old male looking for a new career opportunity in Malaysia (preferably Kuala Lumpur). I was in Malaysia few times in the past and had never failed to fall in love with the country everytime I was there.

I recently moved from the United Kingdom to Slovenia to take a break. I am a graphic designer by training. At the moment I am a freelancer with an I.T company here in Slovenia. Previously I was an assistant manager/supervisor for a chain company/retail outlet in the UK.

Looking through various Malaysian websites, and various discussions in this forum, I understand it is difficult to apply directly for any job in Malaysia.

I wonder if anyone in here have useful advice and tips or perhaps help me out to find a job in Malaysia? In terms of jobs, I don't mind much in terms of salary or the kind of job I will be doing. But preferably a salary I can survive on. Given my set of skills or transferable skills, these sectors would suit me:

IT / Retail Management / Graphic Design / Teaching / Voluntary work

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Hi,

I can understand you good - Malaysia is a great place to live.

I am German and was living nearly a decade in Ljubljana and just moved to Penang. My wide is Slovenian and will join me here July 1st.

Talking about graphic design - in what are you specialized in?

best

Andreas

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not share your mail on the forum.

Hi Andreas.

Thank you for replying to my post. I'm from ljubljana as well. I wonder if I know your wife (you know ljubljana is small, everyone knows one another).

My "specialty" so to speak is Print or Offline design, so anything from corporate identity to brochures. But I also have experience in Web, Image retouching and all other aspects of graphic design. Currently I am learning programing and doing freelance work for a company in Slovenia designing new iOS apps. I also made a mobile game and released it.

I would be very happy if I could live in malaysia because of my love for scuba diving, good food and good people.

hi,

I asked because we are in software business and have our own trading software (no currency trading, but Telecom related trading) on the market, but also some social media platforms and our voice retail product  If you know my wife I do not know - if you are a frequent visitor of Gostilna As may be - but that should then be more than 2 years ago.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not share your personal contact number/skype/mail on the forum.

The only barrier to being hired is being offered a salary of RM5k per month or above. You will need formal qualifications as well, including a university degree and 2 years relevant working experience related to the job offer. These are the current requirements to qualify for an Employment Pass.  The other matter is that not all companies can hire foreigners as they need to have a certain amount of paid up capital into their company and a ratio between foreigner and Malaysian hired staff.