Schengen Visas for Russians Living in China

I hope someone can help me with this because I have not yet had any luck with the embassys. I would like to know how a Russian living in China would go about getting a French or Spanish short term travel visa. I have been in touch with one agent but the fees are alway wayyy too expensive (over 1000 euros) when what I see online is that a visa should be less than a 10th of that price. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Don't use agents. Go direct to the Embassy of the country you want to visit. I don't think you get a Schengen visa unless you have residency in one of the EU countries on a long term visa. It just allows freedom of movement for someone who legally resides in one of the EU countries.

Go to the embassy or consulate of the country you want to go then ask about visa.
If you have Chinese residence permit and more than 10.000 euros in your bank account then it would be much easier for you to get the visa.
But i advise you in order to improve your chance to get the visa forget embassies like france or germany. go to greece, italy, spain and so to apply for it. I know many people here in Guangzhou got shengen visa from greece and italy.

Hope it will help you.

Landry