Pilipina marrying a Turkish man?

Hi I am a Pilipina wanted to marry a Turkish man.... we are both living here in Kuwait...I am a christian and he is a muslim...are we allowed to marry here ?and I dont have a plan to be come a muslim and what are the requirements?please help me.... and he is divorced do his divorce paper needed?I am a housemaid I am allowed to marry here?without the consent if my sponsor?

Your situation is too important, your valid questions too many and the complexities of international marital law too daunting to expect reliable solutions to all of it on this fórum.

Consider seeking advice and guidance from an experienced attorney in your country of residence/matrimony, and -- potential language barriers permitting -- with clergypersons of both faiths.

cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador

So it means its imposible now to marry my turkush boyfriend?

Jelma wrote:

So it means its impossible now to marry my turkush boyfriend?

That is not what I was saying, Jelma.

I am not saying it is impossible.  It very well may be possible. :)   

What I am saying is that your situation is complicated and you and your boyfriend could benefit from professional and clergy advice.

That you misinterpreted my earlier post emphasizes such a need for guidance.

cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador

Hi Jelma,

Your topic is now on the Kuwait forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

ok :) cccmedia thank you for the input but i got it from here

jelma, you will find a post regarding "getting married in Kuwait", (link), i suggest you read through it.

the smart thing would have been to post on the Kuwait forum in the beginning, so that someone in Kuwait can give you the answer you need.

as a Muslim man, he is allowed to marry you, a Christian woman, without the requirement of your conversion. long story short, go to court, take two witnesses, get some papers, bada-bim-bada-boom you're married.

Wow as easy as that?even he is divorce?no need that divorce paper?

Legacy said long story short....

When you register your marriage (and to get the family book)  you need to give some papers, birth certificate of both, certificate of your martial status (for him his divorce papers) and maybe some other. I advise you to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask what to do. They can provide much more useful and correct information as we, expats, can do.
Oh, and don't forget to go both of your Embassies.

Anyway: whish both of you a long, happy and fruitful marriage.

I am am a housemaid only and visa 20 ,am I allow to marry here in Kuwait?

It's almost as easy as @Legacy described but there are a couple of things to take care of.

In case you consider converting, you would need to get an Islam Declaration letter (I don't remember now from where but it should be from either IPC or the ministry of Awqaf). Also, you should have a certificate that you finished a 3 months course in IPC for basic Islamic practices.

You (the wife) should have a singleness certificate which can be produced at your embassy.

Then the bada-bim bada-boom should be a downhill :D

BTW, the fact that you are a domestic worker doesn't make a difference but an agreement has to be made with your sponsor because after all your life in that house will change a lot. You will need to go out more, sleep over at YOUR house and stuff like that.

Where do I know this from? I know some people who've been through the same situation. Good luck.

Wow!thank u,,,,,but still I have to convert to Islam?

no you do not, he said "if" :)

You can probably earn a much higher income if you work in Turkey as a language teacher or customer representative instead of a housemaid in Kuwait. If the Turkish guy is that much serious, he would NOT let you work as a house maid.

Once you are certain about your future, you surely need to talk with your sponsor about your future plans.

P.S. The potential husband needs to get "I am free and ready to marry" document from Turkish Embassy :)

ogulsev wrote:

You can probably earn a much higher income if you work in Turkey as a language teacher or customer representative instead of a housemaid in Kuwait. If the Turkish guy is that much serious, he would NOT let you work as a house maid.

Educate me, ogulsev.  How is it that the husband would be the sole decider whether she can or cannot work in a given occupation?

cccmedia, raised in the United States, posting here from a Western perspective

Would you allow your wife to work as a housemaid in Kuwait?

ogulsev wrote:

The context of your question implies that a man has dominion over a wife.  Is that a religious belief?  Why do you believe that to be so?

If she wanted to do such work, it would be her decision.

Now, if the conditions of her employment involved any kind of abuse, apart from allegedly low pay, I might consider intervening.

cccmedia, unmarried in Quito, Ecuador

ogulsev wrote:

A Jewish man was having a conversation with a Gentile friend.

"Chaim," the friend asked, "why do you always answer a question with another question?"

Answered Chaim:  "What is so wrong with that?"

cccmedia, i remember that from watching Frasier ;)

all he meant was, yes, in Kuwait working as a maid CAN LEAD TO abuse, its not uncommon.

I don't doubt you saw it there.

Rest assured, that show's writers didn't originate the joke.

cccmedia in Ecuador

ogulsev wrote:

If she wishes to do so, what's wrong with that?
Its not forbidden in the religion, although it can something to do with the traditions. Better to have a double income to increase your living standards and a happy wife than the opposite. Don't you think?

The potential bride mentioned that the potential groom is Turkish. I am not an expert in relations. However, being a Turkish man myself, marrying a Turkish man naturally means that the guy has a dominion over the job of the wife. And yes, it has to do with both culture and religion. The man is responsible for caring about the family finances.

ogulsev wrote:

The potential bride mentioned that the potential groom is Turkish. I am not an expert in relations. However, being a Turkish man myself, marrying a Turkish man naturally means that the guy has a dominion over the job of the wife. And yes, it has to do with both culture and religion. The man is responsible for caring about the family finances.

Like I said: traditions. Same as the Arabs. For some Arabs it is a shame if their wife want to work and therefor they forbid. Even when it  means to live in poverty. That's what I call a shame.

Primadonna wrote:

If she wishes to do so, what's wrong with that?
Its not forbidden in the religion, although it can have something to do with the traditions.

Peering through a delicatessen window on a certain day, the Grand Rabbi saw one of his congregants dining on pot roast and milk, in defiance of the laws governing kosher eating.

The next week, the rabbi saw the man at the same deli eating bacon and eggs, also not permitted.

Later, at the synagogue, the rabbi spoke to the man.

"Chaim," said the rabbi, "I saw you at the deli last week eating pot roast and drinking milk."

"You saw that, rabbi?" asked Chaim.

"Yes, I saw that.  And I saw you there this week eating bacon and eggs," said the rabbi.

"You saw that?"

"Yes, I saw that."

"Well, in that case," said Chaim, "it's all right.  It was under rabbinical supervision."

Hello everyone,

As you know, we have to remain objective and share relevant infos.

Let us focus on the topic without any slip-up here.

Jelma wrote:

Hi I am a Pilipina wanted to marry a Turkish man.... we are both living here in Kuwait...I am a christian and he is a muslim...are we allowed to marry here ?and I dont have a plan to be come a muslim and what are the requirements?please help me.... and he is divorced do his divorce paper needed?I am a housemaid I am allowed to marry here?without the consent if my sponsor?

Thank you for your understanding, :)
Bhavna

Thank you, Bhavna, for maintaining civility on this thread.

In his last post which was deleted, a departing poster had flamed a well-meaning poster for no apparent reason.

thank you to all of you guys....me and my bf separate because I noticed he has another woman.  And they sleep together most of the time.    ......
     About what u are saying if a husband allow his wife to work...once we got married he will not allow me to work......
     Now i let him go with other woman. .    Once a cheater will always be a cheater.....

@ Jelma > I am really sorry for you but i strongly believe that you will meet someone who will truly love you soon. :par:

As your questions are unfortunately no longer relevant, can we now close your thread please?

Thank you

Priscilla

Thank god you are out of it

yes please close it and delete it....Yes. I think I found a man who really love me.  And the answers of my questions are enough for ne if If someone wants to marry me.  Thank u fir all of you. ....

-Closing down the thread-

Do not worry Jelma-   Love will find you!

Until then - Enjoy to the max, stay positive and smile :)

Closed