Help I'm lost lol looking for work

Does anyone know about the radio business or start ups. I worked at the BBC for 18 years and set up a digital radio station in 2002 with a small team from scratch. I'd love to work in addis my girlfriend of 3 years lives here. If I could work in radio would be good. Alternatively  I'd love to open a little coffee shop with a UK/Jamaican twist perhaps. Or just have a little farm outside addis fruits or flowers. Help me focus. Looking for creative start ups /friends / partners. So I can marry next year and move to Addis.

Hi willber,

I suggest you browse through the Jobs in Addis Ababa section and drop your resume in the work sector that you feel more comfortable doing please as it might help  :happy:

Best of luck with everything :)

Maximilien

Your problem is going to be permits. Ethiopia is very restrictive on foreigners working. If you have $150 000 or so to invest then OK, otherwise you need a work permit. If you are married to an Ethiopian then you can work for a spouse but still cannot work anywhere else.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the forum. You may drop an advert in our Business partners section.

I know two people who are self employed and on start ups. Better to share ideas with them.
Let me know.

Dear Wilber,
Are you still looking ? Maybe we can put our heads together ? Your post has a certain ring of familiarity that I can associate with... Drop me a message.
Richard.

Dear Wilbar,

I`m interested in what you have to say. We may be able to get our heads together on this one. You are of course aware of the strict legal restrictions on employment and businesses I hope ?

The idea is great but to put your ideas into practice would be challenging from your personal citizenship status, as I know from first hand experience. That is not to say that it is impossible, but must be approached from a different angle. I`m not far from London, so drop me a line if you`d like to chat.

Richard.

Hi there
   The biggest hurdle would be the 200,000 usd dollar required if you are investing on your own, or if you are investing with a local partner it would come down to 150,000 usd dollars. Good luck dude.

hi, my name is hiwot. i am living in nazerat ethiopia. [Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Jobs in Addis Ababa section of the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Happy to join in on this conversation. I'm moving back very soon with my partner and looking for something exciting - background in business management and marketing. Also had my own export business in Addis.

Can you send me their details (private)

Done this already - no luck.

Maybe we can meet soon I  should be there by March