Tips for getting your first job in Fiji

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Fiji?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Fiji?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

I would also like to know. I spent 10mths in Fiji trying to land a job

Im surprised there would be any outside of hotels (maybe). Its not like its a thriving, bustling metropolis! Im thinking of Fiji in terms of retirement, not a working career but maybe im wrong.

How did you spend your time for 10 months?

Hi
Yes I tried the hotels, supermarkets   I spent most of my time living in  my husband village  doing not much of anything, ont the farm

What kind of a visa did you have to allow the long visit or did you have to leave at times?

I was watching a video of a western lady who gave up everything to move to Fiji about 25 years ago and it didnt appear she had a way to make a living but survived anyway. It seems people have gone there when they already had money, not to look for it. So when people say they they are going there to look for a job, ok doing what, picking fruit? helper on a fishing boat?

I had a spouse visa allowing me to stay for a year, not couldn't work unless the employer apply for a working visa for me
The money I had didn't last long so unless you have a lot you can't survivr

I believe you and thanks for saying so.

No matter what forum you go to there are people saying, oh i'll just move (some country) next month and get a job. Its difficult or even impossible in many cases. You cant just do that.

Ive been studying Fiji for a long time and can think of 1000 things I love about it but I know I cant depend on it for a job and thats why im not there yet.