What can i do if ...

what to do if i own apt in egypt and when i go t  it , it was ok for pets but now they voted no dogs allowed and i ret urn with my 2 dogs . i cant  enter my apt with them so where i will stay with the dogs till i can relocate upon arrival?
ugh. not much cash - only the apt. :(

I presume that the apartment you own has some kind of council, did you attend the meeting where the vote was held? Were you able to express your concerns at that time?

Unfortunately, if there was a democratic vote and the majority of the owners voted to prohibit dogs there is really not much you can do, especially if you didn't attend the meeting where the matter was voted on.

You could try discussing the situation with a local lawyer, however it really isn't likely that even that would produce much in the way of results that would satisfy you. I really think that the very best you could hope for in a court battle or through mediation would be that your pets would be exempted under some kind of "grandfather" clause, but once they passed away you would not be able to get other dogs. It would be a very costly venture with no guarantee at all of any success. Better look for another place, it will cost you less in the long run.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

You put my words out of my mouth James.

You have to know that the majority of the Muslims see the dogs as unclean and they don't keep pets in the house.
But I agree with James, if they voted without your presence and your vote can make a difference between yes or no, I would  have a meeting with them. Let them know that based on the permission from (?) you bought your apartment and if you can promise that they don't get problems with the dogs, you like to keep them with you.