Issue of Family visa by Govt. of OMAN.

Dear Sir,

I, J. Shunmugham, a retired Defence Civilian Officer, write to your High Office seeking your guidelines as  sought  below:

My son-in-law  a civil engineer employed at OMAN  a month's back.  He is given family visa status by his employer. 

Now, we are in need of  OMAN government is required to issue family visa, to which we have to file Marriage Certificate as mandatory.  .  My daughter was married in the year 2001, by the time, marriage was not registered at our local Municipal Office at that time.    Passport and other documents are available.  Now, in absence of marriage certificate,  we got an affidavit signed by a Notary Public.   Is this affidavit not enough to file  along with other required documents? 

Kindly advise further what is alternate measure to be carried out in absence of Marriage certificate in case  this Notary Public affidavit is found inadequate.

Awaiting your early and immediate direction on this,

Hi shunmugham,

To be able to apply for a dependent visa for the spouse, a valid marriage certificate is mandatory. And to verify its authenticity and credentials, that marriage certificate has to be attested, signed and sealed officially .

The affidavit signed by a notary public may not be acceptable. Perhaps within India it is okay, but the local authorities here in the Sultanate would go entirely by the book and would demand a proper marriage certificate.

To make things easy for your family, it would be better that you get a proper marriage certificate now. It might be a bit difficult after a lapse of so many years, but it should not be impossible.

P.S. Please note that this is a purely voluntary forum where there is no obligation or compulsion to respond to any query. Whoever is responding here is doing so only to help the other expatriates. This is for your information only.