Buses going from Malaysia KL - Singapore (and vice versa)- True??

Hey,

I heard that there are busses going from KL to Singapore (and vice versa).
But I couldn't find any information.

Somebody has any information for me?

Hi Eva,

I am planing on taking a night bus from KL to Singapore so I'd recently Googled this and there are lots running each way.

Here are a couple of links to some that I'm looking at at the moment
singaporemalaysiabus.com/kuala_lumpur.html
easybook.com/bus-kl-singapore

It looks fairly long so I'd recommend going overnight and catching some sleep :)

The journey is about 5 hours in total and there are lots of different buses that ply the route. It depends where you want to start which would be most convenient.

There is also thetrain services?

Hi Eva..

The journey by bus from KL to Singapore takes between 5 and 7 hours depending on traffic, which includes a stop for the customs checkpoint and often a stop at JB. Some services offer an express service, stopping only at customs, but some services will stop for a refreshment break for around 20 minutes on route. All buses include full reclining seats and air conditioning with on board toilets for your comfort during the journey. Here i share some bus link (with guide info) to you..

https://www.aeroline.com.myhttp://www.busonlineticket.com/bus-from-kl-to-singapore

or you can get a ticket at Berjaya Times Square, got a ticket counter for bus going to S'pore under name Transtar Express. You also can go buy directly at Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)..

Fadila Lee

The train now stops at the Border and does not enter Singapaore. Whilst an interesting journey, it is very slow, mainly due it being single track a lot of the way and upgrading works in progress. The level of comfort is lower than on coaches in my opinion.

I did the train last September, and yes you change trains to enter Singapore and go thru a border check point. But all in all it was a great experience

What kind of train is it?

Slow diesel one. Nothing much to see except Plantations on the way. Once it took me 8 hrs for the journey from Keppel Quay in Singapore to KL Sentral. I think there are only three departures per day. You need to take your food and water onboard as sparse availability. The bus is about the same price and more convenient/comfortable.

http://www.travel-penang-malaysia.com/k … train.html

•Train Number 13 (Sinaran Selatan) Departs KL at 08:00 - Arrives Singapore at 14:40.
•Train Number 1 (Ekspres Rakyat) Departs KL at 14:35 - Arrives Singapore at 21:40.
•Train Number 25 (Senandung Sutera) Departs KL at 23:00 - Arrives Singapore at 06:55.

That is the journey time to the border only (Woodlands) where you need to change.

so who took a bus and can tell me which bus would be the best one to take?

Flights are the same price or cheaper than the bus if you buy at the right time. Air Asia for example.

so how long in advance do I have to book a flight?

and do you know a hotel which is not too expensive to stay in?

Check on Agoda or Booking.com according to your budget. There are some near the airport (Lavender) that are cheap. If you check out www.airasiago.com you can sometimes find some flight and hotel deals.

ok thanks a lot for your help :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services and sharing of external links on forum not allowed