Benefits of Malta for taxation

Hello all,

I have been interested in the different benefits that Malta can offer to people who are looking to reduce their tax burden from our friends in the revenue department. My situation is I am a single male, 32, no kids. I was born in Ireland,  and by default am an EU citizen. I now live and work in Australia and am a dual citizen with passports for both. Tax in Australia is very high at almost 50% for the top rate. Im hoping to be in a position over the next year or two to make some changes and tax on future income will play a major role in what I decide to do.

The main future source of my income hopefully will be through capital gain of share investments and also dividends all going well. There is a chance that I will buy property somewhere in the world in the future also and may have an income from this.

So my current take from the conflicting research I have done, taking it that I'm a Malta resident, which I have also started a thread about is;

No tax on any foreign sourced capital gains whether remitted or not into Malta,
No tax on any foreign sourced income thats not remitted,
Income from abroad that is remitted to Malta is taxed at total of 15% flat rate

As a resident are there any charges I have to pay apart from these or any minimum charges of any sort?
Are there any other key points/charges above that I am missing regarding personal taxation of Malta residents?

Now as I mentioned above I plan to source my future through a mixture of investments mainly, but there is also the chance of doing some work across the EU area, I'm guessing this will be taxed in that EU country and only if I want to bring that source of income back to Malta will I be liable to taxes there. Considering Malta is a low tax country chances are they will not be taking any more tax from this through the DTA's? If I work in Malta itself I will be liable for the normal local income taxes?

Regarding foreign sourced income. Will my foreign investments be taxed in any way abroad, as an example if I am investing in the USA, UK, Japan, Australia sharemarkets or wherever, will I be liable to tax in the country whose shares i buy/sell or would this transaction be done through an international bank/broker which will only make me liable to taxes in my residing country?

My first thoughts were all of the above but now I'm wondering is there more benefits in me setting up companies/corporation/foundation to better advantage than to doing it in my personal name.
Im sure there possibly is, the first one that comes to mind being better privacy, and also possibly better asset protection.
I really dont have much knowledge in this regard and haven't researched it yet due to time constraints but maybe someone on here is a gun at that sort of stuff and can give me some tips

Im sure there are other questions I had thought of before and can't think of right now, but I will leave them for another day. Thanks in advance to any helpful posters who can set me straight.

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : No advertising and external link on the forum please, register your business on our Malta business directory

i just replied with a similar message elsewhere..
on this site, John Huber & Associates was recommended for these services..
i can also recommend him..
got my questions answered..