Cost of living in Doha? I need advice!

I have received a job offer in Doha. I am pretty nervous about going on my own and would appreciate some advice regarding the cost of living, lifestyle, culture etc!  :)

Single 5000-8000
Married 8000-11000 minimum.

It always depend on your living style but better if you can request accommodation or something above <3000 for your accommodation allowance. It will give you a good stability because accommodation here is really expensive. everything else will pretty much depend on your requirements. but make sure you're going to come to a company who has good HR. because, once you came for a job (except local hire) you will not be able to move to an other job.

Hiya
The cost of living in Doha will depend on what you are used to and how you want to live here.
You are Irish so you're going to want to live in an area with lots of Europeans.
If that is the case you'll need a lot more than charithco suggests.
For example, a four bed house in Al Waab will cost 15,000+, a one bed apartment in Al Saad costs 8,000+
As a rough guide, I suggest that you'll need to double your pre-tax income in your home country.

Hi,

I think John has a good point with regard to salary and as mentioned by both, rental rates are high but if you are single then you can always with others but always maintain a budget for rent of not less than QAR 4,000 - 5,000 for sharing accommodation and not less than QAR 7,000 - 8,000 for a flat.

Petrol is cheap and other prices are relatively similar to what you are used to.

Hence, at least twice what you would make in Ireland should be a fair offer subject to rent as mentioned above.