Shipping. Is it really worth it?

To ship or not to ship? As a family, we don't own much of value. An oversized TV. iPads etc. everything else at best. Average. IKEA IKEA IKEA. A couple of items are at, let's just say, end of life. So. Why not sell what we can. Massive clear out. And buy the basics with it over there. TVs who needs one? Football is at midnight!
Easteders and Corrie? Don't think so. I realise everyone is different but anything sentimental is small or even digital these days. 160kg of luggage. Which we'll use to the max no doubt.
I have lots of tools (carpenter) again. I have essentials. Lots of doublers and treblers. Surely prices on things in oz average out in relation to salaries/wages. I've been on THE GOOD GUYS, BUNNINGS etc and it looks ok.

I think what I'm asking, is it wort shipping for people with lower value items. I couldn't spend £1200, even if I had it, on a "sideboard" lol

Thanks

Robert

shipping is really expensive in Australia so i'd suggest against it

Have you checked the cost of shipping versus the cost of buying everything new again ?

From the sounds of you, I would say sell it and start again.  Many people have sentimental stuff, and expensive stuff, and shipping maybe then be worth it.

I've done both ways at different times, and both were right at the time.

Hi Robert,
I moved from USA CA, on 2011, I could not sell some of my junk and since I lease a 20 ft. container I decided to push it in everything that I had from my 3-bedroom house with 2 car park garage.
To be short I live in a 2-bedroom apartment here near Newtown and I am still living in boxes.
It cost me a total of $4500 US.
Did I waste my $4500 on shipping? maybe not, because I have the new mattress, new furniture, kitchen stuff that was cheaper in USA that here in Australia,it  cost a lots money here and the quality is poor. Now I am moving to Spain and I decided to travel light just my bedding, clothes and some kitchen stuff.
I am hoping to sell my stuff here and I hope to get a decent price.
It will be ideal for us to have a family that wishes to move to Sydney to my place and have everything you need in a house.
I live in a 2-bedroom 2-bath apartment 5 minutes from the city with a rent of $580 au per week.
Regards
Walter