How to be accepted in retirement programs?

Dear expats is someone so kind to explain to me how can I do to be accepted into a  of the retirement programs, for the Pacific Ocean area (it's my dream to see that area).I'm and my wife are able to work like doctors.

Retirement programmes do not allow you to work. They enable you to live in another country. Voluntary work can sometimes be done. You usually have to have some monetary assets and/or sometimes a monthly income. You can Google to find out the different schemes or search on EB.

The website for Malaysia is
◾Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month.  For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000 and deposit RM150k in a fixed term deposit. Or for those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government RM 10,000 per month or deposit RM150k in a fixed term depoist.

The website for Sri Lanka is … mp;lang=en
1. Any foreign national over 55 years of age
2. a. Should remit US$15000 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency and deposit them in a fixed deposit account in an approved any bank in Sri Lanka and
2. b. A monthly remittance of US$ 1500 or the  equivalent in an approved foreign currency for the principal applicant and US$ 750 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency for spouse for their upkeep

Thailand - Retirement Visas: For those 50 and older, and who have a minimum monthly pension of THB 65,000, or have deposited a minimum of THB 800,000 into a Thai bank account for three months prior to application. Those holding retirement visas are eligible to work only for their own companies for which they are also directors.

India - Does not have a programme but applicants for long term visas need to show they can support themselves. You should enquire directly with embassy about these arrangements.

Even to volunteer in a medical capacity you would need to know your qualifications were valid. You may want to investigate Cambodia as well. I am not sure what the arrangements are for Vietnam. There is lots of information available on this Forum if you go to the "Asia" area - see top of page.

New topic