Moving to Australia or London?

Hi,

I am a 24 year old Malaysian fresh graduate from a prestigious university in London. My partner is British. I have been planning to move to Australia with him ( he is working there ). I have minimal work experience and my degree was in a field that is listed under the skilled occupation in both countries. Can someone please help me and share some ideas? What are my chances and how shall I go about this?

Thank you very much! Have a nice day!

Hello Caity93 and welcome on board

While waiting for members to share some ideas, I invite you to browse through articles we have in our Living in Australia guide to gather some useful infos.

Kenjee

Not knowing what your skills (and your partner skills) makes it a bit difficult to answer.
Being a large country, the employment situation in Australia is diverse: employment in Hobart is different from Sydney and from Perth.
Recommendation: get a job BEFORE you come to Australia. Not easy, but way better than spending weeks or months looking for a job: the cost of living is very high, and your finance may be drained simply by having a place to live (especially in Sydney).
I would recommend that you have a 1st experience in London (especially if you are coming out of a prestigious school), and then come to Oz.

Agree we need to know your occupation. But generally Aussie employer are abit crazy about work experience. You partner might find it easier with experience but then it also depend on occupation.
A number of people here feel like their career progression has slowed down considerably here though income countermatch that
You might try graduate recruitment via several companies there then maybe ask for  secondment here. A few have done that way. Cost of living is only an issue if under employed. I immigrated too and cannot regret though I must say immigrants feel very insecure in the first few years
Good luck