Living in chiang Mai

Hi Expat !

I'm Delphine, French expatriate living in Thailand, Chiang Mai for 10 years.
My husband is Thai and I have got 3 children.
If you would like to live or visit Chiang Mai and need more information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi Delphine, thank you for offering your help and Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Maybe you could also write some articles about life in Thailand in the participative guide? ;) It would help other members.

Best regards,
Christine

TNX FOR UR HELP TO ADVISE DELPHINE

I AM A 60 YR OLD  TEXAS COWBOYPREACHER , LOOKIN TO BE IN CHAING MAI IN A CPL OF WEEKS , W/MY FILIPINA WIFE

WE ARE NOW IN MANILA , CANT WAIT TO GET OUTA HERE 

WE WILL BE LOOKIN FOR A TEMPORARY PLACE TO STAY , A 1 BDRM OF ANY KIND WILL BE GUD

MODEST IS FINE , WE AIN'T FANCY , JUST NICE & CLEAN , NOT TO NOISY, PREFER COUNTRY LIVIN

I PLAN TO DO MOUNTAIN MINISTRY, SO MAYBE MOVIN SOON AFTER WE GET THERE

ALSO WE ARE BOTH CAPABLE OF TEACHIN ENGLISH ,TEXAN AS FOR ME-HA   

TNX FOR ANY HELP
PASTOR BILL GATES
SERVANT OF GOD ,
NON DENOMINATIONAL MINISTRY

Welcome to Expat-blog, COWBOYPASTOR :)

Could you please drop the Caps lock?

Thanks

Hi Cowboypastor,

No problem for the place to stay in Chiang Mai, there are many many hotels, guests houses or condos and all rates. You can move every day if you are not satisfied and you will find easily inside or outside the city.
About teaching, in Chiang mai often looking for english teacher and you are american, so I think you can get easily a teaching. You can post in International schools (about 7 in Chiang Mai) and Thai shools looking for foreigners teachers also. You can send your application by mail in all International schools,easier maybe but several months before classes ends : International schools ends in june
               Thai Schools ends in March

Regards,

Hi Herbal Coach,

I have taken an early retirement at 55 and am interested in moving to chiang mai.  I will not be working or seeking a thai wife or looking for nightlife.  I am somewhat of an ascetic and prefer my own home, my own cooking and a comfortable space.

I can only pay about 30000THB per month for a one bedroom condo or villa.  I do not wish to obtain a car and thus would like to be near the services.

PS.  I speak french.  Is there an academy francais in chiang mai?

I am from Switzerland but was born in Canada.  I am currently in Mexico where I thought I might retire but the situation with the Narcowars has sort of spoiled the place for the moment and I am interested in moving.

Hi Delphine, My name is Geoff and I live in Santa Barbara California, 90 miles north of Los Angeles. My wife is Thai and we are thinking of moving to Thailand next year -specifically Chang Mai - I would need to find a job - probably teaching English. I dont know any Thai -- maybe a few words thats it.

How much would it cost to live in Chang Mai on the cheap
I spend a lot of time on the internet so would I able to buy a decent English computer and obtain good internet access?

My wife is a Thai Chef and has run restaurants. 
I have been an Asset Manager for Equipment Leasing companies for the past 10 years but was laid off last year and the only options so far has been on the East Coast which is freezing for 4 months of the year.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
All the best
Geoff