Difference between public schools and private schools

Hi All,
This is Manish from India. I would be moving soon to Norway to work for an oil company in the trading department.
Want to connect with few people who can help me out answering few questions  regarding relocation to norway for instance-.cost of living, accommodation, kids education etc ...
I am available on whatsapp.
Please let me know if we can connect for some time.

Thanks

Manish_Sejwal wrote:

Hi All,
This is Manish from India. I would be moving soon to Norway to work for an oil company in the trading department.
Want to connect with few people who can help me out answering few questions  regarding relocation to norway for instance-.cost of living, accommodation, kids education etc ...
I am available on whatsapp.
Please let me know if we can connect for some time.

Thanks

I suggest that you read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page. There is good information to be found there.

Could you please reply to this particlar post...

This is Manish from India and i would soon be moving to Norway-Stavanger. I have a kid who is close to 3 years.
Could you please guide me about difference between public schools and private schools in stavanger.
I have also heard public school education is free but one problem that my child can encounter is language. Is curriculum in English or nowegian?
I know he will enter kindergarten but could you give me an idea of environment of free public schools...like language spoken...curriculum etc etc...
or do i have to settle with expensive private schools like international school of stavanger, and british international school of stavanger...
Also, if you give me an idea of the tuituon fees of international school of stavanger and biss.
Thanks & Regards
Please reply

Here your kid would go to a kindergarten, which is not a school. It's more a day care so you can't think of it having a curriculum like what you would see in India or some other countries. They just play and have fun. You will find the system extremely relaxed compare to India. The cost for a public kindergarten is 28K NOK per year. I guess the international school there has also it's own facilities, but I am not sure what they offer.