Im a Varna local - Let me know if you need some info

Hey guys.I know a lot of you have hard time getting used to things and have hard time dealing with all sorts of stuff.
I'm a local from Varna.Let me know if you need some info about anything.

Hello George000, how are you!!!

Well I hope, and thanks for offering help and assistance with all things Varna.

Tomorrow I need to visit the Power Company in Varna to register my apartment for electric.

And my question is this.. Will the Power Company be okay with me only speaking English, or will I need to have a native Bulgarian speaker with me to facilitate the contract.

The web-page of Energy-Pro is in English, which makes me think that any information would be available in English too.

Any advice would obviously be very helpful too me.

Best wishes,

Sincerely…. Mike

Sent you a private message.

Hello George000, and thanks for your reply to my question.
I went to the Electric companies office this morning, and you were right. The web-site is in English, but all the Terms & Conditions, and application forms are in Bulgarian.
I've managed to translate the Terms & Conditions into English, and a lady friend of mine will help with filling in the forms, if I buy her lunch today..   :-)

Your offer of help was a really kind gesture considering you do not know me. Thanks for everything, and I hope to see you on this site in the future

Best wishes..... Mike

No worries.

Hi George, - Have they now finished the renovation works in the centre?
Anything new in Varna? How is Varna looking this summer?  :cool:

Hello george000,

It would be judicious if you posted the advices on the forum.

This might help other members who are facing the same problem.

Thank you,
Gavind

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + post an advert in the Housing in Varna section pls section pls

Hey Varnarama.Seems like it's almost done.Looks a lot better now to be honest.

Thanks George. Pleased to hear that.
I'm looking forward to visiting again this summer.
I hope they renovate the alley strip next.

Yeah... hope its done soon.

Hi!

I am new in Sofia.
Can I ask you something please?

Sure.Go for it.

Hi,

I'm planning to move in Varna on september.

At the beginning I will rent an apartment, later if I like the city I will buy one.

Any suggestion on how to pick a nice area in the city?

Thanks.

Hello Massimo70. How are you this morning!!

Your planned move is exactly (almost) what I did. Although choosing the city of Varna was more luck than my judgement. And I chose to live close to the city center to give me access to a greater catchment area of "Things to do".

If I only had to suggest one thing in this email, it would be to buy an apartment constructed of brick, and not concrete panels. It was suggested to me that the life expectancy of a brick built apartment is much greater... Of course there are a few other deciding factors to consider.

Choosing a nice area is very much a mater of your personal circumstances... Age, family status, expectations etc. But I think I made a good choice moving to Varna center, even though I haven't been subjected to the full 12 months of weather extremes yet.

I wish you luck
Sincerely...   Mike

Hi Terracopter,

Are you glad you made the move so far, and are you pleased with the city of your choice, or with hindsight would you have preferred to locate somewhere else?

The sea was important in my choosing, so I guess that narrowed it down to Varna, Burgas or Sozopol.

Varna is a big city, but it's ordinary with Its balance of industry and tourism. Where-as Burgas is a little bit too industrialized for my taste with oil and fish industries.

If I had a second choice it would be Sozopol. Although perhaps a bit too olde world for me. And a tad small...

Mike

Hi.

I read your post here. I am looking for a good value house or apartment in Varna starting from now for some month to rent.

If I like the house / apartment and the price is good I will stay at minimum 3 month.

Maybe you know something for me?

Best regards.

Sent you a PM.