Fiancee Visa Journey

Wala din ,teh. I double checked ngayon lang.

Sis Rhea, wala po talaga ako natanggap na message kahit sa spam. I just double checked today.

Hello all,

Please note that English is the only language that should be used since this forum is English-speaking.

I would request that you keep the above in mind, out of respect for all members, when continuing this conversation so that anyone may feel free to join in and contribute, or simply follow the discussion and be able to gain some insight.

Thank you,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello everyone,

I came upon this topic while searching for informations regarding a marriage with a Filipina citizen living in the Philippines.

I'm in the same situation, I'm a belgian citizen (half filipino) living in Belgium and my fiancee is a filipina living in the Philippines. We planned to have a wedding in the Philippines but thanks to covid all our plans have been delayed.

We have now decided to apply for a fiance visa and get married here in Belgium.
I have already gathered most of the documents needed, the last document on my part is the marriage declaration act issued by the municipality here in Belgium.
They required:

- Certificate of residency legalized/apostilled: Where can she get this document ?
- Proof of citizenship (nationality certificate) legalized/apostilled: where can she get this document ?
- Civil status proof (civil status certificate) legalized/apostilled : This is the CENOMAR right?

Thanks a lot your help, this would really help us

Hello, My name is Mary Jean ..
From the Philippines And i also process my Marriage Visa for Belgium.

*Proof of Residency is the Baranggay Clearance and Mayors Permit. she can get it in her municipality.
*Proof of Citizenship is the Birthcertificate
She can get it at the PSA.
*Proof of single Status is the CENOMAR
she can get it at the PSA.
Go to DFA for Apostilled.
Belgian Embassy in Makati for Legalization.

Hope it will help a little bit.
God bless!

Hi Matthieu! I read your direct message but decided to reply here in the forum for the benefit of other visa applicants.

"Certificate of residency legalized/apostilled: Where can she get this document?"
- Your fiancee can get this document in the barangay hall and municipal hall. Request for the Barangay Clearance and Mayor's Clearance. Compile it together to serve as her Resident Certificate.

"Proof of citizenship (nationality certificate) legalized/apostilled: where can she get this document?"
- She can request her Birth Certificate in the PSA. Have her passport also photocopied and notarized to add as her Proof of Citizenship or Nationality Certificate.

"Civil status proof (civil status certificate) legalized/apostilled : This is the CENOMAR right?"
- Yes, it the CENOMAR. She can also get in the PSA.

With regards to authentication and legalization, there is what they call Apostille now. When I applied 7 years ago, there was no Apostille yet. I did the authentication in the DFA and legalization in the BE Embassy in Makati. But recent applicants shared that legalization is not needed anymore once the document is Apostilled.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for all your replies, that was really helpful.
I just got an email from the municipality here and I've got other questions, maybe you could help me on this too.

It says that once we get all those requirements I have to present myself with my fiancee at the municipal office here in Belgium to do the marriage declaration act.
I don't understand, the marriage declaration act is one of the requirements to get my fiancee a visa to come in Belgium to get married, but in order to get the marriage declaration act she has to be in Belgium with me on the day we make the marriage declaration act ?

Matthieu Pan Bertin wrote:

It says that once we get all those requirements I have to present myself with my fiancee at the municipal office here in Belgium to do the marriage declaration act.
I don't understand, the marriage declaration act is one of the requirements to get my fiancee a visa to come in Belgium to get married, but in order to get the marriage declaration act she has to be in Belgium with me on the day we make the marriage declaration act ?

I handed my papers for marriage declaration not long ago,
different country but I think my process is about the same as yours.
You need a document called "volmacht" - power of attorney from your fiancée "written by a notary". (legalized by Belgium embassy at Philippines)

With that document, you can do everything without your fiancée to get the marriage declaration in Belgium.
Also able to go with that document to the Embassy of the Philippines at Brussels to get her "Proof of nationality" & "certificat de coutume"

I heard the same case from other applicants before. There are some city halls that are strict when it comes to issuing documents. Just explain your situation that your fiancee cannot go to Belgium yet because she has no visa, and in order to get that visa, she needs to submit her application together with the MDA.

In my case, my husband was asked to submit a Special Power of Attorney, notarized and legalized, stating that I am giving him the right to sign the documents and process the application on my behalf. It went well but it took a month. But it depends in the city or town where you reside. Others were able to get the MDA after a week.