Delhi after 25 years in US

Hello Folks

Greetings.  I will be moving to Delhi in Oct after living in the US (Wash DC) for 25 years.  Even though I am originally from India and studied in Delhi eons ago, the country and the city has changed so much that I am apprehensive, intimidated, and totally ignorant about the city.  I need to find a place to live, buy a car, hunt for kids schools..all of that.  I look forward to interacting here.

Sanjay

Hello Sanjay, be welcome on Expat.com :)
I'm sure you will find a lot of help in the forum but meanwhile, you might want to have a look at the New Delhi Classifieds where you can find Accommodation ads, Job Offers and even Second hand furniture and equipment and also cars.
Feel free also to put your own ads.
Enjoy your stay on the forum :)
Arlette

sc102 wrote:

Hello Folks

Greetings.  I will be moving to Delhi in Oct after living in the US (Wash DC) for 25 years.  Even though I am originally from India and studied in Delhi eons ago, the country and the city has changed so much that I am apprehensive, intimidated, and totally ignorant about the city.  I need to find a place to live, buy a car, hunt for kids schools..all of that.  I look forward to interacting here.

Sanjay

HI SANJAY,GREAT TO HEAR THAT U R MOVING TO DELHI.I CAN OFFER U MY RESI PLOT IN DELTA 2 SECTOR OF GREATER NOIDA TO BUILD UR OWN HOUSE AT A VERY SUITABLE PRICE OF 42 L INR.THE SIZE OF THE PLOT IS 120 SQ MTRS N IS ALSO SUITABLE FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE.GREATER NOIDA IS ONE OF THE CLEANEST N GREENEST CITY IN DELHI NCR.PL LEMME KNOW IF UR INTERESTED.BYE.

Sanjay,

I am a US citizen, my family and I relocated to Delhi 2 years ago from Houston TX. Delhi is an amazing city........if your kids have been schooled in the US, I suggest continuing their education at the American Embassy School..........our 16 year old son is enjoying the school, the diversity of the student population is amazing..........only approximatley 50% American.

The school is great..........and we love the city. It will certainly be a change from DC......which is where my company is headquartered.........but, I am sure the entire family will adjust just fine.

Welcome Back!

Hi Narinder, please do release your CapsLock key when posting in the forums!
May I suggest that you post this in Accommodation ads.

This section has been specially designed for such ads :)

Thanks

Arlette

Sanjay, let me know if you are still looking for job in IT.