How to get a permanent residence from Ireland

Hi everyone my son in-law and daughter have just moved to Ireland from South Africa.  Gavin has a British passport and his wife an South African passport.  They live in a village outside of Cork.  Can anyone give some advise how to get a permanent residence from Ireland.  They also would like to meet other South Africans living in Cork or the village of Mitchelsplain.  His wife is looking to find work there, any advise or suggestions.  We hope to visit them this October we live in Reading, England.
kind regards, Angela

Hi R, where do u stay in Ireland anywhere hear Cork or Mitcheltown, maybe we can get together moved over 1 month ago from SA with my wife.  She is looking to get a job and I have a few irons in the fire.
cheers
Gavin

Hi Angela,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Ireland forum for more visibility and interaction.

Thanks

Priscilla

Dear friend
Hi, I'm living in Dublin, and your son is in Cork. They are far from us. If they were in Dublin i make them familiar with some african families here.
Enjoy life :heart:

As a citizen of the EU, your son can legally reside in Ireland. For your daughter-in-law, it is a bit more complicated:
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo … ional.html