Yamaha or Honda ?

Which bike would you prefer:  Honda Airblade or Yamaha Luvias ?

And why ?

Honda for me.. durability.

I have one of each but never ride the Luvias if I can help it, unless I am transporting a large load.  The Airblade is a much nicer ride and feels quicker and more refined. I've also had more problems with the Luvias--primarily electrical--but nothing major.

pilotadamp wrote:

Which bike would you prefer:  Honda Airblade or Yamaha Luvias ?

And why ?

All of my female VN friends ride the 125cc Airblade, they have a larger fuel capacity than the Yamaha, ( 0.6lt more ), but are 10 kgs heavier. My wife looked at both, but with her little VN legs, she settled for the smaller wheeled Yamaha Nozza, only 110 cc, but FI and goes very well.

Going to have a look at both today. Aesthetically, I like the Yamaha. Other than that people say the Honda is more durable and fuel efficient.

I have a spacy 125. very nice one for sale. In excellent condition. I bet you gonna like it when you test it.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

I bought a Yamaha Luvias

Honda, because the mechanic shops always have Honda parts, and the Honda bikes will put up with a lot of abuse.

Thoughts on a yamaha exciter or a honda future neo?

Looked at both models-

Honda future neo:
125cc semi auto
Large seat compartment
Larger fuel tank/excellent on gas
Less expensive
No thrills

Yamaha Exciter:
150cc full manual
No seat compartment
Average gas tank/ok on gas
More expensive
Better on highways
All thrills

In addition to any thoughts on the  specific two.. A heated debate is which brand last longer?  Consumer reports says that Yamaha has better customer satisfaction for reliability.. I do believe if you ask any local they will say honda.. Like "10 years" hon-da an!  I've seen some old yamahas on the road.. I've asked yamaha owners about their bikes and they say they love their bikes..

Thanks for your post.
I bought a Yamaha Luvias and have no complaints.

As for Honda, I think it's just a case of Vietnamese "copy copy" syndrome ;-)

pilotadamp wrote:

Thanks for your post.
I bought a Yamaha Luvias and have no complaints.

As for Honda, I think it's just a case of Vietnamese "copy copy" syndrome ;-)

That depends on where you live, all VN " mechanic's " can fix Honda's, and usually have spare parts , ( new and used ). My wife surprised/shocked me by buying a Yamaha, her family have always been staunch Honda owners.

Honda bikes give you better mileage and re sale value. Parts and repairing charges are cheaper than Yamaha bikes. I used both Yamaha and Honda. In India, Yamaha 100CC before 1989 models were the best bikes - zero maintenance, good resale value and great pickup. Still people using that bikes! Here I bought one Yamaha Nouvo  2006 for 12 million and sold it for 2.5 million. Also I used many Hondas and sold it without any loss  :)