Moving to KL this coming October

hi! I've got some queries regarding my plan to look for a job in KL, Malaysia. Currently my social vicit pass here in Singapore will expired this coming 04 October, hence, im planning to go to KL to try my luck to find a job. Im a graduate of Hotel and Restaurant Management in Zamboanga, Philippines with years of related working experience.Is there a big chance for this kind of course to find a job in KL? I want to ask from you my dear friends any recommendations or suggestions for the list of important things i need to consider for my plan.Any idea of good and highly recommended Agency that could help me process my working permit?Also, any houses or rather cheap rental rooms where i could stay. Lastly, I want to have an idea of how much money i should have as i start my job hunting at KL. Thank you so much!

Welcome to Expat-blog, Valvewire! :)

Your discussion has been redirected to Kuala Lumpur forum thus enabling better communication.

For job prospects and accommodation purposes, you should post an advert under Kuala Lumpur classifieds. Post your advert by selecting the categories jobs and accommodation. Classifieds is specially designed for such adverts.

It might be useful to you.

Hope that members respond to your query soon.

Good luck.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thank you soo much.. :D hope to hear more from you guys..

I am an American wanting to move to Kuala Lumpur and trade the Foreign Exchange Market from there.  Where can I go to find out how to get a visa to move there legally?

Jack

Hello Jack,

Sure you can do currency trading from anywhere in the world using your own pc no matter the country you are living in. But if you choose to come to Malaysia, perhaps it is much better for you to choose a place less hectic and at same time cheaper than KL when it comes to living.

Foreign exchange trading is highly risky and I consider it more speculation than investment scheme. I have got years of experience and knowledge on currency market and I do not advise anyone to go for it unless you have the nerve and discipline to maintain. Do you know how to use technical trading and charts?

If you come here you can be a visitor and with American Passport, you get 3 month visa for the first entry. If you give a valid to immigration officer in immigration department, then you get another 3 months extension. usually it is unlikely you will obtain one more extension unless you go for visa run to Singapore or any country, where you stay few days and then return to Malaysia for another 3 month visa.

Need more information or other options, do not hesitate to contact me again.
Regards
Ega

Hi Jack,
We are moving to Kuala Lumpur early next year; my hubby will also be trading for a living.
Have you looked at Malaysia my second home? It allows you to stay in the country for 10 years.