Can I get shipment into Malaysa without a work permit/employment lette

We will be moving to Kuala Lumpur this summer and coming in on students passes for the kids and me and my husband on guardian visas. Our relocation agent tells us that a work permit and employment letter is required for the custom clearance of our household shipment.

Has anyone experience getting their shipment into Malaysia whilst on guardian visas?

Many thanks!

Magda

The agent is quoting normal procedures. If you have visas they represent the same. One issue, though, I know the rules have changed about which students can be accompanied by Guardians, so double check the immigration situation. I would guess your children should also have accepted places at Malaysian schools. You have to show income levels from employers outside Malaysia as well - but I guess you may know that already.

Thanks! The agent just came back to me saying that now it is possible. I wasn't aware that only certain international students can be accompanied by Guardians. Does it depend on the nationalities? Our kids have both British and Dutch nationalities... Will look more into that. Thanks for pointing me that way. Much appreciated!

It depends on the age of the pupils. There is a minimum.