Transferring money to India

Hi All,

I am in need of transferring money to India. Could anyone suggest me the safest and cheapest option?

I have once tried doing it by MoneyGram and they charge whooping 30USD for single transaction.

Thanks in Advance

Cheapest is via a bank, as long as you can show that you bought the money into VN.

Its my salary account, the same money I have to transfer. Could you be clear with what you mean by 'Via a bank transfer'? TIA

Sending out money that has been earned as a salary is a totally different thing, go and ask your bank whatcan be done,it will be difficult.

Why should it be difficult? I dont understand this. I have sent money before, it's just that I am looking for cheaper options now

I would suggest you go talk to your bank, you will get better answers there than on a forum

Sending money from salary a/c shouldn't be a problem via bank transfer. Hope you have all the legal papers (WP etc.) in order to prove your legit earning in Vietnam.

Check with your bank . The bank charge should be around $20. There might be a cap on the amount  you can transfer from your salary a/c. They keep changing these things quite often.

Also, you might have to put some 'excuses' on why you want to send the money out..

Dong is currently being devalued against $$, so expect more hassle in sending the $$ out of this country.

Bank transfer is the cheapest legit option for you.