Importing car to Mauritius from UK as "returning" citizen

Hi. I'm looking to transport my car to Mauritius as a returning citizen. My car is around 5 years old. Did you encounter any problems in doing this? What did you have to do in the end?

Regards
Marie Angeline

Hi. I'm looking to transport my car to Mauritius as a returning citizen. My car is around 5 years old. Did you encounter any problems in doing this? What did you have to do in the end?

Regards
Marie Angeline

Not a problem as you need a good local agent to process all your papers!! It will be useful for you to complete all formalities by applying for a permit with the MRA.

How did you contact Bureau Veritas? Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Marie

Richemond,

Please could you provide a contact number or email address so I can make proper enquiries. I am in the process of shipping my car to the UK. I have a Maurician passport and am coming to settle, therefore a returning citizen. Is there an age limit of the car I can bring. All Web sites are saying between 12 months to 2 years old. How do I contact Bureau Veritas and also apply for an import permit? Contact details of the Ministry would be great. I've sent an email but no response received.

Regards
Marie

The local agents you need in Mauritius are called “Courtier Maritime “
They will do all the processes for you as your passport will be utilised to check if you are entitled to bringing a car as a returning resident!!
Regards
Vedan

Neo-UK, thank you for a complete breakdown of the process. Very helpful.

Regards
Marie

Thanks Vedan.

Regards
Marie