Coming to Yangon soon - about Housing - Driver - Banking - Safety ??

Hi All

I will be coming to work in Yangon soon and am wondering if any expats or locals can help.
1. Housing - I am looking for either a villa or condominium within a gated community/security within 20 mins drive to downtown location (near to Sule Shangri la). prefer partly furnished as I will be bringing my furniture along with me. Budget will be between USD2500 - USD3000 all inclusive. prefer a safe and quiet location plus close to amenities like supermarkets etc.
2. Transportation - Am looking for a reasonable car plus driver for hire on long term. My job will also requires me to travel a fair bit plus late hours.
3. Banking facilities - have no clue about the banking system in Myanmar, ATMs?? Credit cards??
4. Safety - any help on do's and don'ts when in Yangon will help

Thanks

Hello khooj and welcome on board

I invite you to please check out adverts in our Properties for rent in Myanmar as well as subscribe and drop your advert in that section too to keep tuned of rental proposals.

An advert in our Personal driver job opportunities in Myanmar section will help spread the word on this employment opportunity you are providing.

Browsing through the forum categories, found on the right hand side of your screen, is a good way to filter informations and gather as much info as you are needing.

All the best :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks Kenjee for your advice. Will continue to browse.
to those who replied, thanks very much and will get back to you soon.

Regards

Hi,

I have both apartments and villa homes in a gated community with security. We also have a swimming pool, gym and clubhouse. We have easy access to Downtown, via the recently upgraded Shukintha Road, so a 20 mins commute will not be a problem.

We can offer you fully / partially / unfurnished and even temporarily furnished i.e. until your furniture arrives.

There is a brand new City-Mart (leading supermarket chain in Myanmar) within walking distance, or a 5 minute drive. and Capital HyperMart is a 10 minute drive.

You can see more at Facebook.com/ZAOproperty  and I can then send you a brochure.

We can help you arrange transportation and a driver too.

There are ATM's in Myanmar, though they are not the most reliable. Also credit card usage is increasing but is still in its infancy, with connections from the POS failing, so principally its still a cash economy.

Its easy to open up a bank account here, both in USD / SGD / EUR and Kyats, however many international banks still refuse to remit USD to Myanmar, for fear that they will be penalised by the US Treasury.

Safety is not a huge issue here, I've never had a problem in the 16 years I've lived here.

Regards

Chris

Moderated by Gavind
Reason : Personal contact on a public forum.

Excellent general info above from that poster.

I would also be interested in finding out about your property - can you please contact me with more details?
Thank you

Khooj, not sure if i can help with all your questions however i m sure i can help with some as an expat who has some living experience here. if you'd send me a private reply...