How difficult is it to get a job in Malta from abroad?

Have many people had success with this? My husband and I have been thinking about a move to Malta for quite some time now. Initially we were saying we would make the move at the end of 2016 start of 2017 but lately we have found ourselves asking what are we waiting for?

Anyway we have two kids so are cautious about moving to a country without having secured work before hand but how realistic is this? We were having a lazy bank holiday yesterday and started browsing jobs sites in Malta and there were quite a few jobs in my husbands field which he applied for. Has anyone had any managed to get a job this way? Are employers willing to do preliminary interviews via skype?

If you did move over without work how long did it take you to get some(my husband works in the IT industry if that matters)? I can't help but think that we are going to have to put our big boy pants on, just make a leap of faith and hope we get something fairly fast once there. Then I think about what a lot of upheaval it would be for the kids if we made the move and didn't manage to find anything.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

How easy is to find work depends on wether your an eu citizen or not ... My husband works in it and got a role in October we moved out last June but he was working two part-time jobs before then ...
Depends on your husbands skills and qualifications too
Whilst myself and my partner did the go for it and see how it goes move I would suggest as you have children that you need to think very carefully as it's going to be risky .

Most jobs won't interview or consider your application outside Malta however some gaming companies may

Taking a leap of faith can work and i am happy to help you with anything you may need .

However I would strongly advise you have about  6 months savings and an exit strategy in case it doesn't work out

Read through all the stickies and message me or respond with any direct questions

Hi.
Me and my boyfriend moved without a job in March and we both found a job in a week time. Was very good, but we didn't know how it will be, but we took a risk. But in your case with kids is always better search for a job first, but nobody had replied to any application before in my case, only when I was here.
Anyways, all depends of your experience.

I would recommend going through a recruitment agency as before we moved to Malta all jobs I applied for online didn't even give a response and after arriving in Malta and speaking to my sister in laws partner who is Maltese he suggested that the best way to search for a job actively is via a recruitment agency, obviously this has its downsides as you will be employed by the agency so they will take their percentage before you get you wages. I found a great company to work for and after a few months they then took over my contract so I reaped the full benefit. I have since moved bk to the Uk for a few months so left the company and now heading back to Malta in a month or so, so back on the job hunt I have been in touch with the agency previously used and they are setting up Skype interviews. A couple of agency I can recommend are People & Co, Quad Consultancy & igaming elite if you are in that industry, Hope this helps & good Luck :)

In Igaming yes they will consider your application if your not on the island.. Alot of people move to Malta because of getting a job....Also moving from Ireland is expensive (personal experience) . If you have never been before I strongly suggest you pop over a for at least a long weekend with the kids.... Anything else you need just ask...

Thanks for the replies. We have been to Malta a few times before and have another trip booked for September. Thanks for the names of the recruitment agencies, it is definitely something we will look at. I think we have decided to continue applying from over here at least until we go over to Malta again in September and if he manages to land a job great, if not then we will seriously consider just winging it early next year. We have savings so would be able to support ourselves for sometime but would much rather hang onto most of them if at all possible.
As much as we would like to just pack up and leave  <looks out window at endless Irish rain> we have jobs and a home here so I think the responsible thing to do for the kids sake is hold out for a while and pray for a job offer!