Any filipino interior designers working in dubai??:)

Hey there, i'm eyna.. i'm currently here in the philippines. but i'm planning to work in dubai. I applied in an agency here, but the problem is i dont know how much salary would i ask. the hr manager in my agency told me that P80k is very huge to ask. but i heard from some people, their salaries are around P150k.

what other neccesary things do i need to ask to my employer.. i heard sometimes they dont really do what they promised, for example the accomodation, transportation and others. I'm afraid i may have a wrong choice if i worked there. I have a 2 year work experience here in the phil.

I would really be a lot of help from you if you know any infos on these....

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Hi Eyna,

Hope you are doing good in Manila,

Did your agency told you what kind of firm, Are they large scale architectural firms like HOK , SOM etc or is it a small scale firm cos the difference in the pay is huge.

How much is P80K in AED????

J

Welcome to Expat.com and Dubai's forum, Eyna!

I couldn't tell you what are the wages for an interior designer in UAE but you should at least get the following benefits offered on top of your salary :

- fully furnished accommodation
- flight tickets go/return
- transportation to/from accommodation
- free medicare
- annual paid holidays + airtickets (maybe for Asians it's every two years, I'm not sure)

@ JMo ->
80K PHP = +- 6K AED
150K PHP = +- 12,5K AED

Hope this little info will help you make a decision

Hi Eyna,

Interior designer, with 2 yrs experience and a starting salary of AED 6000 / month in dubai is a good go to start with. But make sure its good as far as you are single

Benefits normaly for middle management positions are

1) Transport ( Depends from company to company)
2) Accomodation ( Same as above), most cases not provided as its expensive
3) Medical Insurance, a must
4) Flight tickets every year to home country and return + 30 days annual paid leave

Some companies provide 2 tickets a year, but as i told it all depends on various factors. Pls get in touch for further info :-)

Best wishes

Hi Eyna,

Right now, It is not wise a to come to Dubai. Dubai is in Bad Shape....believe me!

I Have many friends with amazing skills in , web, creative, 3d, visual and interior designing, but mostly are disappointed.

Why? the salary cap now in Dubai is very low. Not like before. Most companies will prefer an applicant within UAE, because they can save a lot from the expenditures.

Others will take advantage your visit visa status, they will offer 2000 the max is 3500 aed with a package condition, meaning you will pay for transport, accommodation and your food.

Some companies will hire you right away but be careful they will used your visit visa's remaining day. At the time your visa is to expire they will tell you that they cant give you a working visa because of bla bla bla so many reasons.

For sure you will stop working for them. Problem is you don't have enough time to look for a better company or work because you visa is now to expire. Then you will exit.(and thats another story and another big problem).

You know why some companies are doing this, because this are the black listed companies still secretly on operations, and some are hit very hard by the crisis. Which you don't know when you applied. With so many reasons and so many companies are doing this.

The contract that you will sign in the Philippines that's 100% lie! They wont follow that once your here, it was made to tempted YOU to COMMIT! It a trap!

Bayan! Trust me.....if your job sa pinas maganda na. Dont COME!

Maraming naka-ka awa mga kababayan natin dito.

HERMIE D
SENIOR CREATIVE DESIGNER
INTERNATIONAL MEDIA PRODUCTION ZONE
DUBAI, UAE

Thank you so much for your replies! :)
I really appreciate your help..

@ JMo   
Yes they told me the company, its Q-Home under Landmark Group of Companies. Do you know this company?

@ FeeAcer
With the initial conversation with the agency here, benefits are:
-transportation
-accomodation

but with the tickets they told me i can go home yearly but using my own expense.

we haven't talked about other benefits like medical and bonuses yet. but ill sure be asking that to the employer.

they said the employer will be coming here by next week so ill have the chance to ask about other things.:)

@ charlesraj
i'm not sure if the employer will aggree with that salary, but the agency told me it's negotiable. actually they are having a hard time looking for interior designers to work in dubai now.. i'm not sure why.

thank u, i'll update soon!:)

@ hdelicona2
do you think it's wise enough to investigate about the angency and the employer first to make sure? honestly i've been thinking a lot because this will be my first time to work in abroad. do other well-known companies have chances to do this also?

they told me the employer is from Q-Home Landmark Group of companies and will be here in the phil around next week for the interviews. They are hiring 20 interior designers,i am not sure why it's many...

i would really think about it first. but the thing is right now it's also hard to find a good job here in manila. my hometown in in bulacan that's why i also need to rent somewhere in manila for my job...

thanks a lot, ill update soon!:)

Hi Eyna,
You can check their website Q-Home but of course it will not give you information upon them as an employer...
Vacation airtickets is a must I can confirm it to you!

Hi Eyna,

I am working in an Interior Fitout company as a Planning-In-Charge and it is my first time to hear about the company that you've mentioned. I maybe not that familiar with it.

You sound new in applying for abroad. From which agency did you apply? I dont think that the company requires the total 20 nos. Interior Designers! That is the only strategy of the recruitment agency to pool manpower. It can only be 2 nos. I have worked in a recruitment agency as a Recruitment Officer/ Technical Interviewer before and I know the techniques on attracting applicants....you know what I mean!

I would like also to give you an information regarding the present situation in UAE, specially here in Dubai. It is recession and finding job is very difficult nowadays specially in the construction business. The present company where I am working is one of the biggest interior fitout company in UAE and we are having difficulty getting new projects.

The company might offer you the salary of P80k (AED 6k). I am sure, this will be the total package (all inclusive - accommodation, transportation, basic salary). For your information, this is the salary rate of the Asians(except for the Singaporeans & Japanese)since before. That P 150k is for those who have experience abroad specially in UAE.

I suggest you to attend the interview...never count anything yet for now as you are not yet interviewed and selected. If you will impress the employer, he/she might offer you more. However, you need to cxlarify everything to the employer before signing a contract.

With regards to the agency, never pay anything or go for medical examination unless you got the Job offer from the employer. Lastly, don't agree to pay any placement fee. The agencies are getting some recruitment fee from the employer and sometimes the employers are shouldering the placement fee of the selected/ hired candidates. Just tell the agency that you don't like to pay any single amount. Otherwise, they will charge you the normal and legal placement fee of one month basic salary + POEA processing fee. Sometimes, the agencies are charging the whole salary package and not just the basic salary.

I hope I have enlightened you.

Mariecor

Thanks Mariecor for your input :) I'm sure your info will be valuable for Eyna. Cheers
Arlette

Hi maricor!

Thank you for all the infos! the company from dubai is Q-home under Home Decor. I think its a new furniture company. The agency gave me the website for me to check. its cplmg.com under Landmark group of companies.

Its glad to hear from someone who worked in a recruitment agency before. The name of the angency here is CDK International Recruitment Agency located in Ermita Manila. Do you know of this agency? So is it mostly like that? Usually how many do they hire for one position?

I have a friend which is in abu dhabi now, she told me the average salary would be like 3500 AED not including the accomodation, transportation and tickets.

I really appreciate your advise, ill take note of that!:)

Have a great day

Eyna

Hi Eyna,

I'm also been contacted by CDK for that position..and considering to come to their interview on oct 26.  I was just wondering how much they offered as we haven't discussed anything yet.  Did you push through?  I'm having 2nd thoughts as well.

Hope you can reply.

Thanks,

Che

hi cheruth!

right now i'm still waiting for the employer's arival here in phil for final interview. with the offer, i dont have any idea yet. but i will come, i'm not yet sure when. i'll inform u the offers. :)

Hi Eyna,

Me too..I'm done with the interview with the agency and they said I have to wait for the employer this nov for the final interview...well...we might meet each other there too! Anyway, my cousin said 4500 is a good start but have to make sure they will pay for accommodation, transpo and airfare. I asked the agency and they assured that the employer will pay for all of that on top of the basic salary. Hopefully we can still nego a higher salary. I'm still in between...but will wait and see too.

Hope we can keep in touch... :}

Hi Eyna!

Are you still available?  You might want to come and work with us.  Please mail me asap at [email protected]

Thanks

Hi..me and my husband are working on the company that you have mentioned..landmark group- this is a very big and very stable company..i am sure you will not reget working on them..

cheers
:)

hey guys ...
dis is neha from india. i m a fresher in interior design. i m very much keen on workin in dubai.bt i hav no clue watsoever hw to go ahead with it.
will u guys help me plz
i wana noe wat is the salary that freshers get
abt accomadation .
the companies
travel...
waiting for ur reply :)

hey guys plz help me out
i wana know is it safe for a single girl to stay in dubai
the kind of accodation available in dubai. n the companies which heir interior design fresher...
i wana shift ma base as soon as possible.
ur knowledge vl help me alot..
thanx a lot.

EYNA14

I'm looking for an Interior Designer, if your interested send your CV to [email protected]

Hi haideecruzinan, welcome on Expat-blog!

You should post an advert in the Dubai classifieds under jobs section.

Thank you.

Hi,
As you have not long working experience. So you will be able to work with Dirham 3000 to 4000 as starting sallary in Dubai. If you will sign a contract with any employer then you can get help in labour court. If you are coming here and you don't know here any one else then feel free to contact with me. I'll be available for any advice like a good freind. [email protected]

Regards,
Shakeel

Eyna14 wrote:

Hey there, i'm eyna.. i'm currently here in the philippines. but i'm planning to work in dubai. I applied in an agency here, but the problem is i dont know how much salary would i ask. the hr manager in my agency told me that P80k is very huge to ask. but i heard from some people, their salaries are around P150k.

what other neccesary things do i need to ask to my employer.. i heard sometimes they dont really do what they promised, for example the accomodation, transportation and others. I'm afraid i may have a wrong choice if i worked there. I have a 2 year work experience here in the phil.

I would really be a lot of help from you if you know any infos on these....

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Yes it's safe to live for a single girl in Dubai. Law protect the girls here very much. So you may come here with out any fear.
Shakeel.

nehaap wrote:

hey guys plz help me out
the kind of accodation available in dubai. n the companies which heir interior design fresher...
thanx a lot.

Send your detailes about your study level. I'll suggest you about this matter. Yes it's nice and peacefull working environment in Dubai. Hope fully you will like to live here with international community. If you need any kind of help feel free to contact me. [email protected]

Shakeel

nehaap wrote:

hey guys ...
dis is neha from india. i m a fresher in interior design. i m very much keen on workin in dubai.bt i hav no clue watsoever hw to go ahead with it.
will u guys help me plz
i wana noe wat is the salary that freshers get
abt accomadation .
the companies
travel...
waiting for ur reply :)

hey shakeel thanx a lot
i hav mailed u ma work profile .and the kinda work i m intrestd in... hope u lik it??

shakeeluae wrote:

Yes it's safe to live for a single girl in Dubai. Law protect the girls here very much. So you may come here with out any fear.
Shakeel.

nehaap wrote:

hey guys plz help me out
thanx a lot.

Hi Neeha, I didn't receive any e-mail.

nehaap wrote:

hey shakeel thanx a lot
i hav mailed u ma work profile .and the kinda work i m intrestd in... hope u lik it??

shakeeluae wrote:

Shakeel.

nehaap wrote:

hey guys plz help me out
thanx a lot.

i hav mailed u on [email protected]...
datz ur mail id rite??/

the chances are higher once you are here on tourist visa to attend the interviews or find a registered travel agent near your city to find a suitable job ..

cheers and best of luck .. checkout gnads4u.com/jobs or dubai.dubizzle.com/jobs for vacancies

I dissent with this.. Dubai Construction industry is currently in bad shape. There is no guarantee that one can get a job.

Unless someone has a fat wallet and can extend visit visas without the worry of financial trouble then I agree.

Two year experience is not long enough. UAE do not really hire by the number of years, its by the complexity of the project. How much more now that there are a lot looking for a  job, with UAE 5 year experience, certainly no one will hire if its only 2 years.

Dirhams 4000 as a starting salary is too small. The room rent alone cost Dhs 2000 and above. Most companies in UAE do not provide accommodation unless you are in the executive level management.

But do not lose hope, Dubai is one of the best places to live. Investors will always come back in this city.

Blesson V wrote:

the chances are higher once you are here on tourist visa to attend the interviews or find a registered travel agent near your city to find a suitable job ..

cheers and best of luck .. checkout gnads4u.com/jobs or dubai.dubizzle.com/jobs for vacancies

female_expat .. i agree with you the current situation of construction industry, but its not too bad also i'm in construction industry and our company got enough job, and I started my career in UAE with AED:2500, so as an American 4000 might be too small for u. there are sharing rooms below AED:1000 in Dubai and companies provide accommodation not only for executive level employees.

"certainly no one will hire if its only 2 years." please don't discourage people in this way, also all companies seeks fresh ideas not only experience!

[Moderated: Please post in classifieds]

hey sir m interested for interiors fresherz job i hope u want a nyc nd creative designer n m sure dat i cn do dis job  nd fit for dis job olso !! plz rply

Hi, I'm Cammille. Graduated Interior Design course. I'm looking for a job abroad. Currently I'm working in a private company here in the Philippines for more than five years now as Senior Technical Designer, my job is to prepare all the drawing proposal using AutoCAD, rendering SketchUp and contract quotation, sometimes I go to site for inspection. Our company exports Italian brands modular company such as Kitchen, Wardrobes, Furniture, Doors, Bathrooms, etc. Hope someone help me to find work abroad. Thank you

@licopitcammille Hello and welcome !

I would invite you to create your CV in the Jobs in Dubai section of the website for better exposure.

You can also read our jobs related articles under the Work in Dubai section to gather as much information as possible.

N.B you have posted on quite an old thread. All of these members are no longer active.

Regards

Bhavna