Saudi SIM card for North American android phone

Hey everyone,

I'm 18 days away from heading to Riyadh and I'm curious about people's experience's buying local (Saudi) SIM cards for the smart phones they brought over. What carriers and service providers do they have in Saudi? Any issues with Verizon phones.

I have a Verizon Hydro Elite made by Kyocera. It's a great phone but I just want to be sure it can be used while I'm living in the KSA.

Thanks!

It will only work over here if it is factory unlocked to be used worldwide. Not sure a verizon phone will be.

Sim cards can be bought prepaid at the airports and you want to get STC or Mobily. There is also Zain, but I don't know anything about them

From what I understood after talking to Verizon's customer service is that this phone is indeed global ready and doesn't need to be unlocked. I hope this is true. If not, worse case I buy a phone once I get there. Thanks for the reply though!

Get STC

if your phone is not locked  to any US carriers, you can use any KSA mobile SIM. You can select and  buy STC Jawal, Mobiy, Zain or Virgin Mobile at the airport and malls.