VISA FOR SPOUSE

Dear Forum members,

Is it possible for spouse to get a residence visa at the same time her husband gets his employment visa, so that she can accompany her husband when he joins the company in Oman ? If this is not possible, how soon can she get residence visa after her husband joins the company in Oman ?
I have this query since I cannot leave her alone in India for long. Also there are issues of her travelling alone to Muscat.

Hi PankajD,

Kindly search your relevant topic in the forum first and read the various discussions that have already taken place on the same topic on which you are posting your queries now.

Spouse / kids cannot come along with the primary employment visa holder. In fact, they cannot even come before the man of the family completes six continuous months of employment in Oman.

Dear Sumitran,

This is surprising. Last time when I took up employment in Oman, the family visa was issued (spouse & children) within 1 month of my joining. The current employer informed me that after I join, they would immediately get my employment registered after which it would take 4 to 5 days to get the spouse visa. It seems I have not been properly briefed.
Please inform if the rule of 6 months waiting is also applicable for a GM position ?

Hi PankajD,

Much has changed in Oman. More so, lately. There is no clear-cut criteria mentioned anywhere about this 6-month waiting rule for families to join the husband / father. And there have been some cases of exceptions to this rule, though few and far between.

Suggest you read the various discussions in the forum on the same subject to get some idea of what's going on. But best of course would be for you to check with your prospective employer. The company PRO would be the one to give you the latest update on this issue.

Thanks for your reply. It will help me in my negotiations