Is MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA Services PLC is a genuine company??

Dear my friends in Ghana,

My name is Novi, from Indonesia. I want to know the information whether MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA is genuine or not.

on Sept 15, my husband read the job advertisement in this company as Mechanical Engineer from website Jobstreet.com. Here I attached the advertisement link
jobstreet dot com - Mobil Oil Gas Company Ghana job advertisement

after read it, my husband decided to apply for the position in that company by online on those website.

then on 18 Sept, my husband got an email from the company. They offered the mechanical engineer position in this company. They attached the contract agreement letter in the email. And they give my husband 7 days to study and sign the agreement then send it back to them.

Here the MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA contact person
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Mr (Peter Robert)
MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA
Stallion House (8th-10th floor)
2, Ajose Adeogun Street,Accra, Ghana.
E-mail: [email protected]

MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA
(Paul Kwesi)
PHONE +233543575076
E-mail:[email protected]
ADDRESS: P O Box GP 3183,Junction
Accra Ghana,

Chief recruit Officer
Recruitment Agency
Address :P. O. BOX 237, Takoradi; GHANA
E-Mail:[email protected]

Since my husband had applied the position from the jobstreet.com, He didn't have any suspicion.

But the case is, the company appointed GLOBAL WORLD TRAVERS SERVICES as a company of Work and Residence Permit making process. And my husband had to pay the Visa and Residence Permit fee first about US$350.00 and it will be reimbursed by the MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA after five working days once the valid work/resident permit paper is furnished to the employer MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY.

Here the contact person of Global World Travers Services
Contact Person: Dr. JAMES KOJO
Designation: HEAD OF VISA /PERMIT OPERATION
World Global Travelers International
Accra Ghana,Osu Link
Off Gamel Abdul Nasser Avenue,
Accra Ghana,PO Box 296
Tel: +233243733750
E-mail: [email protected]
CC-     [email protected]

Now, I and my husband need your help to check the company, whether it is genuine or not. Because, there is no Indonesia embassy in Ghana, and vice versa. And we are afraid to be deceived.

Please help us...

Thank you very much for your help.

Kindly regards,
Noviasput

Dear all,

Looks like I'm now have a friend with the same matters. I've also receive the agreement but so many queries comes out especially on the work permit. If MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA very serious to hire us, why not they make sure we have that permit.But now they leave it to us even we will get the reimbursement later.

I really hope anyone can help us to solve the probs.Thank you

Regards,
Azam

i also apply for this position and got the offer..please someone check this company valid or not..

Dear All,

I've received the same email also, I applied the job from jobstreet.com. If the company is keen in taking us, they would call us instead of just sending us an email. It seems like a big company, but, why we can't find any information from the internet? In my experience, if an oil & gas company, say, Shell, BP or Exxon is keen in taking us, they would arrange for the visa, working permit and definitely a proper interview etc. The process and salary offered is too good to be true. Hope to have some replies from you guys.

Regards,
Jolly

I think jobstreet already withdrew that advertistment. It is not logic in asking us to pay for the visa and work permit application, and not usual in asking us to proceed our application to certain company only. I think it's a scam.... :)

Dear Valued User,

Thank you for writing to us.

We have identified the job advertisement to be a scam and have since deactivated the advertisement.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for your email and have a pleasant day.

Best regards,
LiNa
JobStreet.com

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, 03:57:30 UTC, [email protected] wrote:
>
> Message from user:
> Please check if the job offers from this company, MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA, is a scam? I doubt that because the offer is too good to be true, and someone is talking about it at forum now, https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 81#182042. Please double check the validity of such company before posting it. Thanks.
>
> From: Tang, Jolly Choon Hui
> Email: xxxxxxxxx
> Login ID: xxxxxxxxxx
> ------------------------------
> Rate: Needs Improvement
> Site: MY
>
> User Browser's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
> User's Time : 9/21/2010 11:57:25 AM
> IP : 203.109.51.109

thanks for sharing the email jolly. i've checked jobstreet and the advertisement has been deleted.

regards,
nov

Hallo everibody yes the mobil oil and gas company don't exist, they have try to f* me with the visa I'm a comm. diver and I'we work in all the world never and never I've pay 1 cent fon visa tiket transfert accomodation are only f* bandits please let know to all the peapol that work in off-shore the problem I've write to all my collegues bye
stefano