Cost of living in shanghai?

Hello every one i am moving to shanghai very soon, can't wait.  I was wondering what my monthly expenses would be and what the average price for a flat is in a nice area, and were the nice areas are i.e. quiet with some greenery.  thank you and i hope to see you all very soon in SHANGHAI. ps also how can i get a longer visa all i think i can apply for are the three month double entry visa

all things come to those that seek  ha ha ... before anything else... what is you nationality... this will help in guiding you to the right place to get a better Visa... and you wont get ripped off...

hey thanks for the reply yes i have a european passport so i was going to apply in spain, barcelona i was just wondering about how much i would need a month spending money for daily expenses ??

are you coming as a tourist.??... how long do you want to stay in China ??and your cost of living especially in Sh inst cheap....are you traveling alone????   accommodation ... do you want to live alone ??? most apartments in China are furnished....and depending on the type of apartment you want   they vary from 3000 yuan per month to 12000 per month

thank you so much for your response yes i am traveling alone and the only visa i think i can get is a non working one so i think it is a double entry visa of three month each time, correct me if i am wrong.
I am a artis so if a job opportunity should blossom i would be able to change the visa. 
Ideally i would like to have a place in a nice scenic area with some trees and greener with an outside space, is that to much to ask for you think.
thanks again