Airport taxi service for late arrivals

Hi,

My flight to Saigon in a couple of weeks will arrive @ TSN airport at around 11:00P.M.   I'm wondering what is the availability of the Mai Linh or Vinasun taxi services at that time.   Anything to watch out for with regard to the fees/cost?

Thanks!

Its 247 and based on meters, no worries

If you are a foreigner, might be a different story.

The taxis usually will be in queue till the last flight landed.

They will have a flat fare to the city or certain parts of HCMC.

Looking at the time of arrival, you do not have much to bargain with.

Is either you are lucky to get an "Ok" taxi or they have mercy on you.

In any case, get the reputable taxis to be on the safe side and insist on taxi meter.

My 2 cents pls.

As far as I understand, there is no flat rate in HCMC like in Hanoi, and Mailinh, Vinasun drivers are not allowed to bargain the price or they will get fired, so fares will be on meter-based.

The only thing to concern with will be the honesty of the driver, he may go around with further distance to charge more. Average fare from airport to district 1 may be 8-12$ depending. There is always a counter for Mai Linh and Vinasun with a uniformed staff at the airport.

There will be no problems getting a taxi. They are all on a meter and it should cost less than 200,000vnd to D1/3.

I agree, get a Mai Linh or Vinasun by taxi meter. One scam i noticed the other day when picking up some clients at the airport was that the driver had the taximeter on 80K and he said sorry when I mentioned it to him. He said he had forgotten to reset it. Can be, who knows. Just make sure the meter is on zero before he takes off.

Thanks to everyone for the tips & suggestions!