Going out for a drink or eating somewhere?

Hi everyone,

I'm Marion, just moved to Beijing few weeks ago for my job. I don't know much about the city for now and I'd like to get to know new places, new people. I was wondering if some of you are in the mood to hang out  for a drink somewhere in BJ soon, maybe next week?

Hi Marion, welcome to Expat.com :)
What brought you to Beijing? What you enjoy during during your leisure time? A short presentation would surely help fellow forumers to get in touch with you :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi Arlette,

I am here as a French teacher at university. I have been wanted to live in China for a long time so here I am! I have already travelled a bit last year here but only for one week and few weeks in Mongolia :)Then I assume I am going to stay for at least one year and more...

I love travelling, new experiences, new people. I lived in Canada and in London these last years. I did some studies about relations between France, Europe and North America. So, I'm also pretty much into America :) Usually, during my free time I like going out, to the restaurant, for a drink with friends, going to cinema, theatre also, doing some sightseeing as well as going to art museums, also shopping and more seriously reading:p I also love good food, good wine and cooking...also risky sports.Well...lots of interests, that's why I made a short presentation :p thanks for helping with my integration ;)

You're most welcome and I hope you'll make some nice contacts on Expat.com!

hey,Marion~how are you ? Im Yukiho and im from Beijin! welcome to Beijin! My english is not good,but Im happy to see you here~and if you have time then we can go out for drink or dinner someday~anyway,good luck!

Mariion hi,

we meet on Tuesdays. Have messaged you details of coming events.

Hi Yukiho and Manlin!

Ok, thanks, I'm going to have a look right now

I think I should be able to help a little bit on your wine expenses :)

Mariion wrote:

Hi Arlette,

I am here as a French teacher at university. I have been wanted to live in China for a long time so here I am! I have already travelled a bit last year here but only for one week and few weeks in Mongolia :)Then I assume I am going to stay for at least one year and more...

I love travelling, new experiences, new people. I lived in Canada and in London these last years. I did some studies about relations between France, Europe and North America. So, I'm also pretty much into America :) Usually, during my free time I like going out, to the restaurant, for a drink with friends, going to cinema, theatre also, doing some sightseeing as well as going to art museums, also shopping and more seriously reading:p I also love good food, good wine and cooking...also risky sports.Well...lots of interests, that's why I made a short presentation :p thanks for helping with my integration ;)

That would be an idea :-) I don't have any clue for now where I can get good wine in Beijing. What help? Do you know some places where to taste good wine? Or you sell wine?

The Hilton Beijing have a wine club, meets once a week. If you are interested tell me and I will give you the sommelier's contact details,