PE teacher moving to Al Ain in August 2015

Hi all!  I, along with my wife and young son, will be moving from Glasgow to Al Ain this August.  Accepted a position at Al Ain Men's College.  Have only ever been to Dubai on holiday before so was wondering people's thoughts on Al Ain?  Especially for a young family. If people had any further information regarding the school itself and/or teaching differences or any other info that would be really appreciated too!  Thanks in advance!

You will enjoy Al Ain.  It does not have the hustle and bustle and crazzzy traffic that Dubai and Abu Dhabi has.  It is very family oriented and you are just a short drive--1.5 from AD and 1.15 from Dubai.

Thanks very much for the reply!

Hi I am in same boat as you mate. I am a science teacher going to the female campus. Still waiting for travel into etc. have you heard anything? Just looking for reassurance really

Not heard too much to be honest but what I have seems to be relatively positive.  Take it you start on 16th Aug too?  I got my flight details through today and arrive in Abu Dhabi on the 15th.

Congrats mate you are nearly there. I am miles behind. Still no infor regarding travel to Al Ain.
Hopefully we will be able to help each other settle down. Are you coming over with family?

Or are they joining you later?

Hopefully it all gets sorted asap for you then.  The wait can be a pain but surely your flights will be done by the end of this week if we are expected to start in just over a couple of weeks time.   Yeah my wife and son will be coming out later, around 3/4 weeks later from what i've been told.  Hoping it won't be any longer than that anyway.

Yea I hope so. The waiting is a real pain. I want to book a short holiday before we leave but can't do that until I know travel dates for sure. So fingers crossed for golden tickets tomorrow.