Local Banks that will allow foreigners w/ B3 Visa to open account

Hi,

Does anyone know which local bank will allow a foreigner with B3 visa to open an account?  I have tried several banks and they say I need a 6 months visa or a resident card.  I currently have a 3 months B3 visa.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have a VR visa, 3mth multi entry  (was told it was "other" category)  (older visas are B3)

Just went to TECHCOMBANK thao dien YESTERDAY  and opened a savings account.

Did not say anything about the type of VISA  BUT

I cannot deposit cash into the account
I can only get money transfered into it locally or from overseas
I cannot transfer money OUT of the country without evidence of earning it contract/work permit etc.

And the VISA card they will give me is linked to my Vietnam Airlines FF card.... yippee

Also look on the blog here for a past thread
""""Open a personal bank account - Comparison of banks offers"""

I just open an account in Sacombank a few days ago. They are located near junction of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and Hai Ba Trung. Apparently they are the only bank allow to open without working in Vietnam, Long stay Visa, Address etc. Just bring your passport and you can deposit cash also. In fact the girl working there told me the ATM card can be use overseas. I think this is the only Bank that can do this in Vietnam.

Looks like i'll be going as well....

Just want to update, I just opened an account at VP Bank in Phu My Hung!

Any restrictions on how you use the account?

Redbeard42, no there was no restrictions and they were extremely helpful.  i would highly recommend you opening one there.

Relax. I opened an account with Vietcom bank very easily a few days ago on the same visa. The trick is to say that you want money sent from abroad to here and not sent from Vietnam to abroad. You can have a dollar account which converts automatically to Dong and you'll get an atm card after a week. You can have Dong deposited in it here too. There's no charge on foreign money sent here if its left in the account for 10 days. You just need a passport and fill in the form. They were very friendly.

VIETCOMBANK in DA LAT did it for me, even not asked to show the visa but the green house book. An other firend did it with SACOMBANK in DA LAT but it not mean that each of this banks do it everywhere.
Eg. I can bring cash to my account in DA LAT but stupid in HCMC they not accept. With the account I got a VISA electronic ATM card which even work abroad. Good luck

Try ACB Bank

I opened an account with Vietcom bank in Vung Tau in March this year. I was on a 3 month tourist visa and opened it right towards the end of my stay.

Its so much easier to open a bank account with a foreign owned bank such as ANZ or better still HSBC bank.
I have had no trouble sending and receiving money to and from Australia with HSBC. Have a AUD$ ac as well as a US$ and VND ac and transfer money from one to the other as needed electronically all the time.

Just curious what interest rate they gave you on a savings account, Thanks

When I opened my bank accounts back in 2009 I was getting 14% interest. Those glory days have long since gone.
Now its so meagre I dont even bother checking.

Any one know which bank in Nha Trang give you the best convention rates when you transfer a large amount of Australian dollars from Australia to Vietnam ,to buy an apartment here and which bank has an ATM system that allows you to draw out a decent amount of money at a low fee . I have an ANZ bank account, any reciprocal bank in Nha Trang?.regards Keith.

Keith, try Vietnam Russian joint venture bank,,, VRB for short.. You will get the best interest as well.