How do company PRO negotiate with ministry, for getting an expat visa?

I have got offer letter from the omani company,and I have sent my attested certificate to the company. They applied for immigration clearance .But the authority told them to appoint and an omani instead of an expat for the applied position.When I contacted the PRO for update,he told that "The ministry has asked to appoint omani, but we are negotiating with them for you strongly".

How much it will be successful?
Generally do PROs succeed in this kind of thing(im asking to experienced people in oman)?
Also how do he negotiate?

NOTE:Yes,the company have filled the omanization percentage.But currently they have maximum number of expat in the IT section(in which I have to join). Thats why authority demanded omani(PRO said).

They will usually write a justification supporting the application.
Did you send them the original certificates or copies ?

Hi marao, I sent the original certificate with all required attestation.How long it will take to convince?Also what is the chance of success?

Can any body pls reply me, because i need to know urgently..(sorry for repeating query).

Hi shabasy,

First you must understand that company PROs are not supermen. And there is no such thing as "negotiating" for a clearance regarding an expat employment. There are proper paperwork to be done and submitted and further processes and procedures which have to be followed. They go by the book. Not through negotiations.

Especially lately, the Ministry of Manpower (MoM) is quite strict when it comes to issuing job clearances for new positions, since they have been mandated to fill-in as many locals as they possibly can, in the place of expatriates.

The best that the companies can do is to wait until the MoM relents and grants them the requested job clearance, once all credentials of the company have been proven beyond any doubt.

Thank you Sumitran,

So you mean that ll take long time or ,some times even impossible.right?

shabasy wrote:

Thank you Sumitran,

So you mean that ll take long time or ,some times even impossible.right?

Wrong ... sometimes the job clearance could also get issued !

That's the beauty of the Omani systems and procedures - unpredictable to put it mildly !!