Advice from other expat mums on moving to HCMC

Hi all! I was hoping for some advice/help. I'm Australian currently living in Dubai with a 16 month old boy and another boy due in 3 weeks. We are looking at a move to HCMC in June but I've never been and am worried about how it is living there with such young children. Is it safe and is there lots to do? Any advice on best district to live (ive been told D7?). Are there places to take young babies out of the house and to meet other mums etc? Lots of expat mums around? Is it easy to find nannies/maids? Are there decent nurseries/pre schools? ANY help would be amazing! Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Saigonparents/

If you are on Facebook you can find all your answers here.

Oh great thanks! Will take a look.

Hi MelRob,
Welcome to vietnam. I've been in dubai past 3,5 ys. Just moved to VN 2,5 months ago. D7 is good. But, I've seen an AUs school in D2... I beleaved , there r some school bus pick up if you decided to stay in d7. Let's keep in touch

Hi!

Yes sounds great. Will get in touch once we arrive in HCMC. Thanks!

I think you will be fine when arrive Hochiminh City as expat mom. I stay in Dist 7, and find very comfortable. School, hospital, shopping mall, park, etc ... are nice. You can raise up a go-out topic for expat mom when you are here! Welcome Nhu g